Prostitutes and Lovers Mod

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
harbinger451

Re: Prostitutes and Lovers Quest Pack

Post by harbinger451 »

The issue of child NPCs giving quests will be resolved from build 0.10.24 onwards. Initially they'll be disabled as questors until such a time that a more nuanced solution can be formulated. See this topic viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3855 for further details.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Unfortunately this Mod's download page has been removed from the NEXUS site due to the problem with child NPCs ... hopefully it can be restored there when the new build of DFUnity (0.10.24) is released, for it will take care of that problem.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'll move this one out of Released Mods until relaunched with 0.10.24 minimum compatibility. Please feel free to create a new topic at that time. Thank you for understanding harbinger451.

I recommend delivering replacement mod via .dfmod package. This allows you to set the minimum required version to 0.10.24. You'd also have a lot more flexibility around expanding mod with a custom guild, adding new quest actions and the like. This would require some C# development, but the possibilities are almost unbounded from there.

For a brilliant example of creating a custom guild in Daggerfall Unity, please see Hazelnut's Archaeologists Guild. This creates a custom guild hall, NPCs, interior layouts, items, quests, the works. It's an amazing template to follow for any new guild under development. The source for Archaeologists is available below.

https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods/tr ... aeologists

See the sticky topics in Modder Discussion for more details around world replacement and new guilds.

viewforum.php?f=22

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Thanks Interkarma ... I'll get to work on that. There's nothing like being pushed in at the deep end to force you to learn how to swim.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

I've updated the OP of this topic to reflect my plans for the future of this mod ... please check it out.

harbinger451

Re: Prostitutes and Lovers Mod

Post by harbinger451 »

This mod has now been re-released on NEXUS as a dfmod - it was a struggle, but I figured it out in the end. The original post has been edited to reflect this and a new download link has been added there.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey, great work overcoming all that. :)

I'll move this back into Released Mods for you.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Thanks, man. Much appreciated.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Great to see this mod back up and now safe to use in the latest version of DFU. I'll be having fun with this.

Great work Harbinger! :)

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Cheers, mate.