[MOD] Lousy Lycans

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Lousy Lycans

Post by Ralzar »

updated to v0.5.8

Added Dodging bonus to beastform.
Losing control during full moon now resets Need To Hunt The Innocent
Losing control during full moon in a dungeon kills a random amount of enemies.
Lots of bugfixes

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v0.6.2

Beast mode now pacifies werecreatures

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.0.0
When turning under the full moon, when you wake up there will be a dead human that you killed next to you.
You can then loot the body for some clothes etc so you're not running around naked. (Which easily kills you if you're using Climates & Calories)

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Hi Ralzar, I've been using this mod for a while and forgot to comment on it. It's a much needed change to the Beast Form mechanics and I must say it has been an enjoyable experience. On my current Lycanthrope it's cool being able to Pacify other Werebeasties I encounter. The challenges of dropping all inventory items and needing to survive with minimal equipment while looking for my lost items is awesome. Lousy Lycans mod combined with Climate&Calories forces me to plan each trip carefully. The new stat differences between Werewolf and Wereboar gives meaningful character choices.

I know this is still a work in progress, but as this mod stands even now Lycanthropy has become truly a Curse and not just a minor annoyance with lots of benefits.

Great work!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Thanks! :D

It's probably my least popular mod, so it's nice to hear someone other than myself likes it.

During development I played through the game as a werewolf and by the end I was pretty satisfied with the result so I am not doing any further development on this mod right at this moment as I've done pretty much everything I know how to do. The biggest additions I'd like to figure out whould be:

1: Pacification when in human form, but only a small chance, like a normal language skill. Problem here is that I've not figured out a way to make the mod only try to pacify a monster once.

2: Make your dropped equipment more permanent. At the moment it's a bit too easy to lose your equipment someplace where it feels like the equipment should still be there when you return.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Ralzar wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:38 am Thanks! :D

It's probably my least popular mod, so it's nice to hear someone other than myself likes it.

During development I played through the game as a werewolf and by the end I was pretty satisfied with the result so I am not doing any further development on this mod right at this moment as I've done pretty much everything I know how to do. The biggest additions I'd like to figure out whould be:

1: Pacification when in human form, but only a small chance, like a normal language skill. Problem here is that I've not figured out a way to make the mod only try to pacify a monster once.

2: Make your dropped equipment more permanent. At the moment it's a bit too easy to lose your equipment someplace where it feels like the equipment should still be there when you return.
I kinda like the idea of only being able to Pacify other lycanthropes when in beast form. It's kinda the idea that you're simply not able to properly communicate with werebeasts unless you are fully one yourself. But maybe that's just me.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Ralzar wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:38 am Thanks! :D

I kinda like the idea of only being able to Pacify other lycanthropes when in beast form. It's kinda the idea that you're simply not able to properly communicate with werebeasts unless you are fully one yourself. But maybe that's just me.

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

I've actually never got lycanthropy but I've had this mod installed since I first found it.

So I can't compare, but it's certainly in my arsenal of immersion mods I know some day I'll experience! :lol:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:15 pm I kinda like the idea of only being able to Pacify other lycanthropes when in beast form. It's kinda the idea that you're simply not able to properly communicate with werebeasts unless you are fully one yourself. But maybe that's just me.
True. And that's part of why I never did any more work on the mechanic. It works well enough as it is.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

KovuCougar wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:03 pm I've actually never got lycanthropy but I've had this mod installed since I first found it.

So I can't compare, but it's certainly in my arsenal of immersion mods I know some day I'll experience! :lol:
I actually considered having an option or something in the mod that allowed you to start infected.

Problem is, the game has hardcoded disease resistance at lvl1. So I would have to find some kind of wonky trick to code around that.