[Mod] Basic Magic Regen

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Basic Magic Regen

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Version 1.10, 7/18/2020.

Added Setting For Rest Tick Regen Delay. Updated for DFU v0.10.25, including 0.10.25a.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Rebuilt the newest v1.10 of the mod in the older Unity environment. So if you are still using DFU v0.10.24, you can get the version of this mod compatible with that under the "Old versions" tab of the file download tab.

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

Any thoughts about implementing "in-battle" check so you could tweak the amount of recovered mana during combat skyrim-style? Also if it's going to be possible in the future, enchantments that can affect mana regeneration?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

billyloist wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:14 am Any thoughts about implementing "in-battle" check so you could tweak the amount of recovered mana during combat skyrim-style? Also if it's going to be possible in the future, enchantments that can affect mana regeneration?
Once spell-effects and the enchantment system in general is easier to work with, I would like to do things such as that, believe me, if I knew how I would do that right now, but right now it's not really possible without having some modding frame-work put in for that system specifically.

On the in-combat thing, I could technically do that now, but the problem is, the only way I really know now how to do something like that, would be to simply check the "monstersnearby" which is used to check if the player is allowed to rest or not due to nearby monsters. Problem with doing that too often, is that the check is very resource intensive due to how it works, so it's not something you want to be doing too often otherwise it can cause potential performance issues.

So unless somebody can tell me a better way to do it, i'm not sure how else I would do it honestly in the current system, but if I did, or somebody does help me with that, I would be willing to do this, yes.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Updated Version Compatible With DFU v0.10.26, on 9/23/2020.

WARNING: WILL NOT WORK in older DFU versions, at or before 0.10.24.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

I just tried it out and it seems to work really nicely.
Well done, and much needed.
I have never attempted to play all Mage character in DF until just now.
But..
The first rat, and after him the first bat, kill me because they bizarrely always make their SAVE throw against Shock :!:

Nothing to do with your mod of course but i'd guess there are a lot of additional changes and tweeks necessary to actually pull off an All-Mage (no melee) character.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

jman0war wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:42 pm I just tried it out and it seems to work really nicely.
Well done, and much needed.
I have never attempted to play all Mage character in DF until just now.
But..
The first rat, and after him the first bat, kill me because they bizarrely always make their SAVE throw against Shock :!:

Nothing to do with your mod of course but i'd guess there are a lot of additional changes and tweeks necessary to actually pull off an All-Mage (no melee) character.
Glad to hear you like the mod and the idea. Yeah low level destruction spells can be pretty weak just due to how the spells scale with your level, as well as the odds of the enemy resisting your spells.

darkedone02

Post by darkedone02 »

So I've waited 5 seconds in the game, and my mana is not passively regening... dispite it set to setting 1 which suppose to be ticking every 5 seconds? it's not doing it.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

darkedone02 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:10 pm So I've waited 5 seconds in the game, and my mana is not passively regening... dispite it set to setting 1 which suppose to be ticking every 5 seconds? it's not doing it.
I'm not really sure there, maybe it's just going up very slowly and hard to see if looking at the magic bar? Otherwise I need a little more detail to have an idea of what might be going wrong if anything.

darkedone02

Post by darkedone02 »

I found out what causes my issue, it's the percent version that's not working for me. At first I thought it will regen my mana via 5% at 50 wp at every
5 second, plus more as I increase it further... it's not working what I thought it was. So i switched it to flat, and it's working that way.

Kinda wish I can adjust the timing to every second, instead of 5 seconds, 5 seconds don't cut it when trying to get out of the first dungeon and my spells are missing like crazy, and these rats, thieves and that imp can hurt badly.