[Mod] Basic Magic Regen

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Basic Magic Regen

Post by Magicono43 »

darkedone02 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:41 pm I found out what causes my issue, it's the percent version that's not working for me. At first I thought it will regen my mana via 5% at 50 wp at every
5 second, plus more as I increase it further... it's not working what I thought it was. So i switched it to flat, and it's working that way.

Kinda wish I can adjust the timing to every second, instead of 5 seconds, 5 seconds don't cut it when trying to get out of the first dungeon and my spells are missing like crazy, and these rats, thieves and that imp can hurt badly.
Yeah the 5 second thing is not a conscious decision but more a limitation of the mod being a "basic" implementation as the name suggests. The 5 seconds is just piggy backing off the games magic round system which goes in increments of 5-seconds or so, which was much easier to mod for this purpose than make a separate timer to try and get a shorter interval.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Uploaded a "mod showcase" for this mod. Gives details on how it works in-practice, and some future plans for it.

https://youtu.be/d-dcKjIeun4

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Thanks for the mod, opens a lot of new options for character building.

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

Magicono43 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:01 am Uploaded a "mod showcase" for this mod. Gives details on how it works in-practice, and some future plans for it.

https://youtu.be/d-dcKjIeun4
I assume you know about this already, but just in case, there's youtube tag. :)

Great work on these showcases! 👍
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Oh, never noticed that Youtube tag button, lol. That's handy to know, thanks.

Appreciate the kind words as well, hopefully I will continue on a fairly steady pace getting past some of them.

Jhaerik

Post by Jhaerik »

I actually haven't even managed to play Unity DF yet as like every ES title I spend a couple days collecting mods first :P

On configuring this one though a thought came to mind. Why not make a combination of the two methods possible each with their own sliders? Flat regen alone feels too strong for low magicka characters, but week on high magicka ones, and vice versa. The ability to apply both at different tick rates would make the mod more a configure and forget sort of affair.

Also I have a question about the Regen Amount Modifier. Unless I'm looking at this wrong it rounds the amount correct?
regenAmount = (int)Mathf.Round(regenAmount * regenAmountModifier);

I'm no coder but I'm assuming that's what that line means. If that's so then that slider would often round to 0 for lower magicka pool characters using percentage would it not? Is there any way to store the values in this case and apply it on full integer values, or perhaps use a Luck based d100 roll for rounding here? Or perhaps have a minimum value of 1.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I'll have to consider it whenever I have any plan to update the mod eventually, thanks for the recommendation.

LifeInVelvet

Post by LifeInVelvet »

I was wondering something, do enemy NPCs also regen magicka?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

LifeInVelvet wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:22 am I was wondering something, do enemy NPCs also regen magicka?
Nope

LifeInVelvet

Post by LifeInVelvet »

Magicono43 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:12 am
LifeInVelvet wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:22 am I was wondering something, do enemy NPCs also regen magicka?
Nope
Oh well, it would make magic enemies more of threat rather than tiring them out and running circles, anyway. Would it possible to turn magicka regen into an advantage type thing during character creation?