[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by Hazelnut »

New release v1.3.3 is up on nexus with some fixes. (without the experimental MP skip detection which I've shelved since have had zero feedback and I think that means it's not working as I had hoped)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

The Holy Knight

Post by The Holy Knight »

I absolutely love this mod, it's excellent :)
I have a suggestion, perhaps making an option to only allow inn fast travel while in a city, and you can only go to another city? I've thought something like you "taking a carriage" somewhere would help have more fast travel options, but have it limited like Ships can be

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

That's a really good idea, so something in between default and tedious presets. So normal fast travel is allowed by ship and from city to city. (carriage)

Anyone else keen on this being added?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, that seems like a good idea. It will make it feel more connected to the world.

ntblood

Post by ntblood »

How do I get it so that I can see myself zoom fast forward, instead of instantly arriving at the location?

Thanks

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

ntblood wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:50 am How do I get it so that I can see myself zoom fast forward, instead of instantly arriving at the location?

Thanks
If you did not change the mods settings during startup, you have to chang the travel type from “inns” to “camp out”.

If you are using the Basic Roads mod (you should), you can also stand on a road and press the f-key.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Im not sure, but I think this mod is preventing the use of the INN in fast travel from healing status bars like its supposed to.

Also, this mod is still forcing the use of "player controlled travel" on foot even when I have that option unchecked. I have to use the ship travel option in order to use classic fast travel.

Frankly I dont see the point in ever using "player controlled" travel option because it just makes you get stuck on things. I turn those options off, but its still forcing me to use it on foot. I have basic roads also, and i only want to use this mod while on roads.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Pretty sure it's cautious fast travel that restores your status bars.. but I've been away from DF for a bit so maybe I am wrong.

As for your other, please read the mod description and configure it the way you want it. That's why it's called Travel Options.. it is pretty flexible. There's even a freedom preset which is probably what you want.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:20 pm Pretty sure it's cautious fast travel that restores your status bars.. but I've been away from DF for a bit so maybe I am wrong.

As for your other, please read the mod description and configure it the way you want it. That's why it's called Travel Options.. it is pretty flexible. There's even a freedom preset which is probably what you want.
Ill look again for this 'freedom' setting you mention. EDIT: I dont see anything like that in the mod settings. I disable both "player controlled" checkboxes but it still does it for [Reckless/On Foot/Camp Out] option.

The status bars not regenerating actually stopped happening. I dont know why, but its not happening anymore. I had removed a couple other mods to improve performance, perhaps there was a conflict.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Just a small idea I suddenly got:

At the moment there is a function in the mod for stopping fast travel if you enter a settlement.

Would it be possible to implement a detection for crossing a path/road? So you stop if you are traveling over wilderness and cross a path/road?
If you are traveling overland using this mod you often want to use any roads you cross, but it is often very difficult to spot them. I have many times stopped, checked the map and then seen I'm already a map pixel past the road, making me turn around and try again.