[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
haloterm

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by haloterm »

Is there a way to force the Travel Options GUI to be at the top border of the window? In 1280x960 resolution, it is displayed like this for me:

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:50 pm Lets implement the HD Hud Ive provided on page 6 :)
http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... b&start=60

I indeed cant make it scale properly as I know nothing about scripting or enabling XML files for the HUD, but I believe someone can do that? Lets make this mod Dream-enhanced if the users are using both mods :ugeek: The files are gathering dust on my SSD
You mentioned rivers and streams on that page. Would it be possible to add travel by river or stream? Argonians would love this lol.

Has anyone else been having crashes when going high speeds? just checking before i start trying to hunt things down. I dont have alot of graphical stuff on, i think only sky.

It would suck to have to stay below 20x

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Rivers and streams will be for looks and atmosphere only when/if they get added.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Well Im not sure if the DREAM compatibility will ever be the case, is there any issue with implementing the HD images Ive provided? Im not pressing you, just want to know if I should forget it or not. You said to remind you :lol:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:27 pm Well Im not sure if the DREAM compatibility will ever be the case, is there any issue with implementing the HD images Ive provided? Im not pressing you, just want to know if I should forget it or not. You said to remind you :lol:
No problem, but I've simply had no time or energy for DFU stuff for a while due to RL stuff. I hope that I can return to some degree but we'll have to see how things go.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Sure mate, I understand, I also had a few months where I was not able to do anything DFU related.
Honestly I really look forward to wrap things up as the linear build and all the changes are set.
I was here for the art, now I deal more with everything else but art... ;)
Still loving the project and the mods ofc. Just need to mentally do a DREAM 1.0 and detach a bit from it.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Version 1.5 released with 2 additions.
  • Add new teleportation setting to enable mages guild teleportation service to be availible to all members, at a cost. (normally you must be rank 8+)
  • Most settings can now be adjusted dynamically without needing to restart DFU using the drop down menu top left of pause screen. Some settings require a restart and I've marked these with a * in the configuration details.
Happy Christmas everyone! Ho ho ho. :D

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Awesome, thanks Hazelnut

This is such a cool, unique mod. Not sure ive seen it in another game.

Are there plans to change or add penalties/drawbacks and advantages to each option?

In the same way travelling cautiously by road provides an advantage, there would be an incentive to do tedious travel more often than fast travel. Tedious could be faster in days taken. I suppose cause stopping at inns all the time takes you off the trail.

You have a chance of enemies but on the roads you meet other travellers who can give you things/trade, which wouldnt be available with fast travel.
Also fast travel should be more expensive and time consuming, and to add some second though, have there be a small chance a thief pinches some gold off you. Stopping at so many towns and staying in crowded inns, youre exposed to a lot of banditry and bullying.

I think a highwayman mod fits real nicely with this and basic roads. there are guards at checkpoints, but there are also bandits around the highways. You can test your tongue to pass through, or lose some coin. Or you can avoid the roads and contend with the monsters in the forest.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Is it possible to set a custom waypoint to travel to?

You select it on the world map and can still use travel options to get there?

This would go well with the hidden locations mod so you can search an area for locations.

also it would be cool to pull up the map while still travelling, maybe just the zoomed in version as a visual of where you are along the journey.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Regnier wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:04 am also it would be cool to pull up the map while still travelling, maybe just the zoomed in version as a visual of where you are along the journey.
Closest you got to that is the map button in the travel option GUI. This opens the map without interrupting the travel mechanic, however it does pause it while the map is open.