[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes, that would be fairly easy to add if it were enabled in settings. It'd add some extra calculations for each frame, so it could reduce the speed you can accelerate to depending on your PC performance. If you wanted to set it per travel then that would be more work because there's no UI element I can use.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Version 1.4 released with 2 additions.
  • Popup mini-map overlay for road junctions to assist in selecting the next direction to follow a road or track.
  • Limit initial circumnavigation speed to 15x

Example of the popup mini-map overlay. It's configurable on the second page of mod settings.
Attachments
122-1624049399-2136933878.jpeg
122-1624049399-2136933878.jpeg (333.8 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Linux DFU 0.11.04:

All of a sudden I'm having a severe problem with Travel Options and Basic Roads together. I isolated it to these two mods only, and only together. The problem is in TO 1.3.4 and 1.4, and Basic Roads 1.0 and 1.1. I don't know why it's happening now, since this is the same save file I've used for awhile.

When I open the map, I get this:

No locations exist whatsoever, and clicking on any presumed location doesn't have an effect. If I move to a different location, a map of sorts appears, but it's not coordinated properly:

It's translated to the right about 400 pixels from where it should be.

If I go back and click on the Ports button, I get the most basic layout of maps and the available port towns, but nothing else:

Clicking Ports off leaves it in the same state as if Ports were on. The other buttons for Dungeons etc do nothing.

The save file is included below.
Attachments
Bad Map.zip
(372.19 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Jay_H wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:16 am Linux DFU 0.11.04:

All of a sudden I'm having a severe problem with Travel Options and Basic Roads together. I isolated it to these two mods only, and only together. The problem is in TO 1.3.4 and 1.4, and Basic Roads 1.0 and 1.1. I don't know why it's happening now, since this is the same save file I've used for awhile.

Clicking Ports off leaves it in the same state as if Ports were on. The other buttons for Dungeons etc do nothing.

The save file is included below.
I started having the EXACT same problem with these two mods a few months ago. The only thing that worked for me was deleting the Visitable Crypts mod from my StreamingAssets/WorldData folder. Apparently it was causing problems with these two mods because it's no longer compatible with the Beta versions of DFU and it hasn't been patched yet. So if you use Visitable Crypts or any other mods that exist only within the WorldData folder that might be the issue
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes indeed! I added that last week, and removing it has solved the problem. Thank you very much!

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

i think it would be cool if we could look around while travelling.

Would that be taxing on the game?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Lets implement the HD Hud Ive provided on page 6 :)
http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... b&start=60

I indeed cant make it scale properly as I know nothing about scripting or enabling XML files for the HUD, but I believe someone can do that? Lets make this mod Dream-enhanced if the users are using both mods :ugeek: The files are gathering dust on my SSD

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I looked back over the posts on the hi-res HUD images. You said that it might need some work from TheLacus.. I am guessing that's not happened then? I'd completely forgotten about it, and had assumed these images were in Dream or something by now. I'll take a look but it may not be until after my holiday at the start of August. Feel free to remind me again mid Aug if you see nothing. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:32 pm I looked back over the posts on the hi-res HUD images. You said that it might need some work from TheLacus.. I am guessing that's not happened then? I'd completely forgotten about it, and had assumed these images were in Dream or something by now. I'll take a look but it may not be until after my holiday at the start of August. Feel free to remind me again mid Aug if you see nothing. :)
Sure, just to remind you about the issue - the images do not scale properly and take up the whole screen. No progress ever made on that topic. Ive tried altering the size via the XML files but they do not work on these images. Thats where it ended. As Ive said before, I have some other requests about the XML files standing for one year already, so I just capitulated on adding any more requests in this area. Maybe you can deal with the issue, or push it further. I kind of feel like I did what I was able to, the files are ready, but I cant deal with the technicalities.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Doing the agreed reminder :)