[Mod] Repair Tools

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
yabay

Re: [Mod] Repair Tools

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

yabay wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:25 am Thanks for the great mod.
Is it possible to introduce the possibility of using a sewing kit for repairing a tent introduced in Ralzar's C&C?
Yeah, that should be possible, I was able to do it with the Roleplay Realism Items armor pieces, so it should work the same in theory.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released v1.07, Added Climates and Calories "Camping Equipment" to valid repair list for the sewing kit. Also added some console commands for easier testing as well as completely broken items as valid list items, but you will be given an info message instead.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

yabay wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:19 am You did what I wanted very quickly (just like iso9000 customer focus :) ). Thank you for your attention!
No problem, I used it as a simple spring-board update just to get Unity open again and hopefully back into the flow of modding again, lol.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I really think you should add a timeskip when you use repair items. With magic, and particularly Magica Regen, you can basically instantaneously repair your items much cheaper and faster than if you turn them in for repair. Because you just cast a few Stamina spells and keep going. It honestly gets a little weird. You can stand in the blacksmiths shops and in two seconds make your items almost new, then give them to the blacksmith to repair the last bit.

You can just add this to the fatigue reducing code:

Code: Select all

DaggerfallUnity.Instance.WorldTime.Now.RaiseTime(1800);
1800 is the seconds. So in this example the clock gets skips 30 minutes forward each time you use a repair tool.

Another thing you could consider: have a max level you can repair to based on the items worth. So a high value item can be repaired a lot less than a low value one, because you need a real craftsman to fix a fancy item.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released v1.08, Made it so using a repair tool on-top of costing some fatigue to do the task, also forwards time as well. The time taken is determined by the tool being used and on the Speed and Agility attributes of the player, different attribute effect based on the task done.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Great stuff.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Are you saying I can actually carry one weapon (and my secondary melee backup) & not have to lug around three bows anymore!? If so I'm going to scream!

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:38 am Are you saying I can actually carry one weapon (and my secondary melee backup) & not have to lug around three bows anymore!? If so I'm going to scream!
Indeed, in that case for the bow you would just need to carry 1-2 bottles of Epoxy Glue if you were using the bow A LOT, 1 would probably suffice honestly. But make sure that you don't allow the bow in question to break completely before trying to DIY repair it, otherwise you are out of luck until you find a professional blacksmith to repair it then.