[Mod] Random Starting Dungeon

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jarlyjarljarl

Re: [Mod] Random Starting Dungeon

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

I've been noticing that the mod seems to only be transporting me to the same places every time. If I change the settings the place I end up will change, but I'll always end up in that place with those settings.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Jarlyjarljarl wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:07 pm I've been noticing that the mod seems to only be transporting me to the same places every time. If I change the settings the place I end up will change, but I'll always end up in that place with those settings.
Somebody else was having this issue before and I did not really have an answer for them and they were the only one reporting behavior like that at the time. Do you also happen to be using Linux as your operating system? Because that was what they were using as well.

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

Magicono43 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:19 pm
Jarlyjarljarl wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:07 pm I've been noticing that the mod seems to only be transporting me to the same places every time. If I change the settings the place I end up will change, but I'll always end up in that place with those settings.
Somebody else was having this issue before and I did not really have an answer for them and they were the only one reporting behavior like that at the time. Do you also happen to be using Linux as your operating system? Because that was what they were using as well.
I'm using Windows. But, I did just start a new game and noticed that it gave me a different starting location this time. Maybe some of the starting locations get favoured heavily for some reason?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I really could not tell you honestly, initially when Jehuty mentioned he was having a similar issue on his Linux system, I put it down to possible weirdness with different systems and how random number generators function or something, now that you brought it up, or at least a seemingly similar problem on a Windows system, I really have no clue what could be the issue.

I guess for now, if it is still mostly functioning, then that's good enough hopefully, lol.