[MOD] Better Ambience

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Better Ambience

Post by Ralzar »

Updated and it's nice and quiet now :)

If you want to get fancy, you can get the mod settings for Travel Options and check if "allow annoying sounds" is active or not.
If active, play walking sound at normal tempo during travel.

Edit:

Example. I check if RP&Rs encumbrance effect is active.

Code: Select all

Mod rr = ModManager.Instance.GetMod("RoleplayRealism");
            if (rr != null)
            {
                ModSettings rrSettings = rr.GetSettings();
                encumbranceRPR = rrSettings.GetBool("Modules", "encumbranceEffects");
            }

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

I worked on some sound replacements myself. You are welcome to use any of the sounds. What you want starts with Ambient, Player, Storm and Water.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5ztv61pxzqga ... 7l9Va?dl=0

I haven't had a chance to listen to yours yet - I'm sure they're great, just thought I'd offer since I stalled out on my full replacement project and no one is using them!

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Speaking of sound replacements, I've got a big library of foley sounds I use to use for game dev projects and could share some of them for better footstep sounds. :arrow:

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

Thanks Azteca, I'll check out those sounds! And Emma, I'd love to grab some sounds for the project!

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Check your pms. :arrow:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ive made a sound remaster, it includes almost everything... already added echo to dungeon sounds there, but I also did the mob sounds, footsteps, improved weapon sounds, the sounds which stayed classic have improved EQ and ofc are based on the cleaned soundclips by pango (no noise) and yadayada...

Ive send a download link in the PM to all the wavs if it helps than its good

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

True but this mod offers things not in yours like camera shake and rain tweaks and is a lightweight mod, plus it looks like the author might expand on what's there already.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

emmathepony wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:27 pm True but this mod offers things not in yours like camera shake and rain tweaks and is a lightweight mod, plus it looks like the author might expand on what's there already.
I guess you misunderstood what Ive written. Ive just described what Im sending his way in a following PM... - sharing my work.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hey, so I've been using this mod for a bit now and I generally love it. However, the dog effect seems to make the dungeon too bright?
It works fine at standard light setting, but I usually set dungeon light to 0.2. With your mod a lot of places far away get much lighter. I sort of figured fog in the dungeon would make it harder to navigate, not easier? :D

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:13 pm However, the dog effect seems to make the dungeon too bright?
:lol: :lol: :lol: