[MOD] Better Ambience

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
haloterm

Re: [MOD] Better Ambience

Post by haloterm »

A small suggestion: If the player is not wearing any shoes, change the foot step sounds to something more matching walking barefoot.

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

haloterm wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:07 pm A small suggestion: If the player is not wearing any shoes, change the foot step sounds to something more matching walking barefoot.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Azteca wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:27 pm
haloterm wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:07 pm A small suggestion: If the player is not wearing any shoes, change the foot step sounds to something more matching walking barefoot.

LMAO :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

This would probably be such a waste of time but imagine putting sounds for argonians and khajit bare feet 😂

smokync

Post by smokync »

Your mod is awesome ! I can't go back to vanilla now

But still I have a few suggestions

_It would be cool if the armor rattle sound would change and be quieter when your stealth rise,

_footsteps sounds should rely more on the kind of shoes you wear (if I wear heavy armor with sandals it makes hard boots sounds on wood and concrete)

Thank you for your work

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Can you make fog on the ground like how it works in Skyrim ?
Come on man fog on the ground is insanely immersive, just maybe only night time in the woods/dungeons and stuff, maybe get it to work with climate and cloaks ( probably not but still).
Fog on the ground man, like how it does it in Skyrim would be insanely immersive, I know you feel the power of this..
Do not withhold the power..
Unleash the Power....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

smokync wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:20 am Your mod is awesome ! I can't go back to vanilla now

But still I have a few suggestions

_It would be cool if the armor rattle sound would change and be quieter when your stealth rise,

_footsteps sounds should rely more on the kind of shoes you wear (if I wear heavy armor with sandals it makes hard boots sounds on wood and concrete)

Thank you for your work
I agree, at the very least they should quiet down when you crouch, even though technically there isn't a concept of sneaking. Making the rattle go away if your stealth is high is another option, although it would be sad to lose the sound! xD

And for shoes, I'd like to implement that someday for sure :)
Midknightprince wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:40 pm Can you make fog on the ground like how it works in Skyrim ?
Come on man fog on the ground is insanely immersive, just maybe only night time in the woods/dungeons and stuff, maybe get it to work with climate and cloaks ( probably not but still).
Fog on the ground man, like how it does it in Skyrim would be insanely immersive, I know you feel the power of this..
Do not withhold the power..
Unleash the Power....
This would either require a custom height fog post processing effect or particle-system fog on the ground. It's a bit beyond the work I'm willing to put into the mod LMAO but I will think about it

smokync

Post by smokync »

Thank you for the answer,

The rattle sound should be quieter with stealth skill or while crouching but never go away

Because it's good XD

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

It's cool, I always talk about the fog, maybe someday..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

hey if i have one change i would ask for is to redo the whisper sound effect that plays in dungeons. It is far too obvious that its someone faking whispering. Either you should read from something (an ingame book) or turn the volume down on it. For me it breaks the immersion and happens too often. It should sound distant.

just a suggestion, thanks.