[MOD] Better Ambience

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Regnier

Re: [MOD] Better Ambience

Post by Regnier »

I dont know if its this mod causing it but the effects look like theyre from this.

i saved in a shop, reloaded a save from within a dungeon and reloaded back into the shop. It seems like the lighting effects were applied through the save from the dungeon to everywhere else. I know because it applied the coloring effect so everywhere i go is dark and green lol.

i tried reloading the save, ive travelled. I havent close and reopened but i thought id let you know

thanks

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I had something like that happen as well. I think I was in a dungeon snd loaded a save that was in a mages guild. I had to reboot the game to make it stop.
I assume there’s some trigger upon entering a dungeon that needs a corresponding trigger to clear it when entering a building?

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:19 am I had something like that happen as well. I think I was in a dungeon snd loaded a save that was in a mages guild. I had to reboot the game to make it stop.
I assume there’s some trigger upon entering a dungeon that needs a corresponding trigger to clear it when entering a building?
maybe youve noticed this as well. There are (now) significant gaps in the dungeons architecture which allow the light and fog to be seen through the seams. This isnt a big deal for me but it can be immersion breaking. I think a fix would be to just place an opaque strip behind all seams in dungeons? rather than reposition.

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

Ahh I'll fix that save bug, I know what's causing it.

And yeahh this mod really shows off a flaw in DFU (And maybe vanilla daggerfall) with having small gaps on dungeons.

pango

Post by pango »

joshcamas wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:07 pm And yeahh this mod really shows off a flaw in DFU (And maybe vanilla daggerfall) with having small gaps on dungeons.
That's gaps in the classic models that didn't matter that much in 320x200 resolution.

Ideally fog should be disabled for infinite distance, but I didn't see a way to do that with RenderSettings' exponential fog :(
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

There is an option to disable fog on sky, which I believe is enabled in my mod? If not, I need to fix that. Regardless, the issue would still be partially present when seeing dungeon through the gaps

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

For now in my head i explain it as: The people who designed these insane labyrinthian dungeons also dont care about safety and quality. Slave labour maybe? There were booby traps in dungeons where you would fall through to the void.

Now we see the workmanship.

Who the fuck built these places lol

Ozmandias

GUNSHOTS? Re: [MOD] Better Ambience

Post by Ozmandias »

I don't know if it's this mod or something with DREAM but at night, I am hearing what sounds like a gunshot in the distance every 15 seconds or so. Is anyone else hearing this and is it in this mod? What is it?

King of Worms

Re: GUNSHOTS? Re: [MOD] Better Ambience

Post by King of Worms »

Try running only Dream and no other mods, than listen - most likely it will disappear. Im very certain its not caused by dream. I play with it for hours and never heard it. It might be some mods changing the sounds interacting with dream, or stuff like that. But most likely nothing I can solve by changing anything in dream.

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

I'm not sure its this mod either :S

Also, King of Worms, replying to your question on the other forum post, I could post reverb dungeon only as a mod, but have you tried just disabling the other features in Better Ambience? It's a modular mod :3