[MOD] Pilgrimages

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
NikitaTheTanner

Re: [MOD] Pilgrimages

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Well, didn't see it coming - but that's definitely a must have! Very neat idea, and the implementation seems really cool. :D

Not only do I think that mods like this allow to increase role-playing aspect of the game (which is always welcome, as it can get a bit samey with all the combat stuff), but it also does it in a meaningful way. Pilgrimages are a staple of both Medieval history, but also are frequently mentioned in TES Lore and there are all these holy sites completely unused in the vanilla game.

Would love to see further expansion of the quests, rewards and the deities to worship, and maybe even new locations. I think it would be cool to have Daedra and some other gods among possible entities to worship, with variety in rewards/tasks, similar to Wintersun mod for Skyrim .

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

NikitaTheTanner wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:22 pm Well, didn't see it coming - but that's definitely a must have! Very neat idea, and the implementation seems really cool. :D

Not only do I think that mods like this allow to increase role-playing aspect of the game (which is always welcome, as it can get a bit samey with all the combat stuff), but it also does it in a meaningful way. Pilgrimages are a staple of both Medieval history, but also are frequently mentioned in TES Lore and there are all these holy sites completely unused in the vanilla game.

Would love to see further expansion of the quests, rewards and the deities to worship, and maybe even new locations. I think it would be cool to have Daedra and some other gods among possible entities to worship, with variety in rewards/tasks, similar to Wintersun mod for Skyrim .
Thank you! I'm glad people like this idea. And yeah, I saw this mdo as a way to flesh out these holy sites that just weren't developed enough. I definitely plan on expanding this mod. Right now I'm in the proccess of finding a way of making this mod able to give player attribute modifyiers, but I've had no success so far (viewtopic.php?f=22&p=49153#p49153). Doing this would make it possible for gods to bless you/curse you with temporary attribute buffs/debuffs, as well as granting a permanent 1-point increase to a random attribute as a reward for completing quests for the divines (as they currently have no reward and there's no reason to complete them other than roleplaying). after that, I plan to make the possibility of blessings/curses be influenced by the relationship you have with each god.

I had never thought about expanding this mod to include Daedra worship, It's definitely an interesting idea (especially considering that all daedric quests in the vanilla game were boring fetch/kill quests). It'd definitely take a bit more work than the eight divines, but it's a cool idea.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

imsobadatnicknames

Exciting update! I added quite a bit of content.

The divines can now assing you two new tasks:
-Test of faith: To test your faith, the divines might now send you on a pilgrimage to three different temples in the region with a time limit. Doing so will grant you a small reputation bonus with every divine, failing to do it will carry a small reputation pentalty with every divine.

-Preaching: A specific divine might send you to preach their word at a specific city. When you get this task, you'll be given a random religious item. To start preaching, you have to activate this item while you're at the requested city and during daytime. If you preach at the requested town within the time limit requested, you'll get a mdoerate reputation boost with the divine that sent you, otherwise you'll get a reputation penalty. Preaching will start gathering a small crowd arond you.(Note that if you use VIO the crowd that gathers to hear you preach will get attacked by the city guards. There's no way around it, just ignore it)

Other pilgrims you find at shrines might now assign you quests

There will now be an npc at shrines who will let you do a 500 gold offering to a specific divine for a small reputation boost

Daedra slaying: Help the divines rid this world of daedra. At higher levels, this mod will soemtimes spawn daedra in the willderness. Killing these daedra and bringin their hearts to a shrine as an offering will grant you a big reputation boost with a random divine. (Sadly, this doesn't work with any daedra heart, only the ones you get from the daedra spawned by this mod. This is a limtiation of working with the quest system)

I'm still trying to figure out how to implement a custom quest action that allows me to grant attribute bonuses and penalties through quests (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4216), which would open up a world of possibilities for this mod. The reputation increase rewards are just placeholders until I can grant attribute boosts as rewards for doing quests for the divines. If anyone can help with that... it'd be greatly welcome.

Other than that, future plans include more quest variety for both the divines and pilgrims.

EDIT: Fixed up a mistake in the test of faith quest that prevented it from being properly completed
Attachments
Pilgrimages 1.2.rar
(26.77 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hi,

I need a little help with this mod (which I greatly appreciate by the way!).

My issue is with the Daedra slaying quest: the problem I'm finding is that they started to spawn continuously and in an high number. Basically in every location I enter I'm being assaulted by 13-20 Daedra all the times. The only way I have to get rid of them is to use the console command to kill them all, which is pretty annoying. It is unrelevant how many Daedra hearts I bring to the shrines, they continue to spawn at high rate.

Any idea about how I could get rid of them once for all without uninstalling the mod?

Thanks so much

imsobadatnicknames

andromacus wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:43 am Hi,

I need a little help with this mod (which I greatly appreciate by the way!).

My issue is with the Daedra slaying quest: the problem I'm finding is that they started to spawn continuously and in an high number. Basically in every location I enter I'm being assaulted by 13-20 Daedra all the times. The only way I have to get rid of them is to use the console command to kill them all, which is pretty annoying. It is unrelevant how many Daedra hearts I bring to the shrines, they continue to spawn at high rate.

Any idea about how I could get rid of them once for all without uninstalling the mod?

Thanks so much
That's... weird. I had found a problem with that but I thought I had fixed it by changing the timer. Let me check something.
Last edited by imsobadatnicknames on Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

imsobadatnicknames

Okay I thought the problem was the timer but now figured out what happened. Turns out I accidentally deleted a condition that prevented the same quest from triggering the encounter more than once, so they were getting triggered every time you exited a site. Im really sorry about that!
Attachments
Pilgrimages Fix.rar
(26.87 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

HI, I am really enjoying your mod. Thank you for putting it together. :) It gives some of my characters a reason to visit the locations other than just for the mage's guild quest where I am a tour guide :).

One ask, could you make it so that the talisman doesn't automatically appear at the start. Instead, maybe I have to speak with someone at the pilgrimage site or pay a donation to get the talisman. Not all of my characters are the praying type, and so the talisman makes no sense in their inventory.

Thanks again, and keep on building these mods, they are great!

a

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hi, thanks a lot for the fix, it improved the situation a little bit.

Now I'm not getting assaulted by Daedra every single time I enter a new location anymore; however, in around 1 hour of gameplay in which I visited a dozen of locations or so, I've been assaulted again 2 times by 10+ Daedras, which is still too much for my tastes.

Question: if I remove the PGRDaedra quest from my Quest folder, can I keep the mod installed without breaking it? Sorry for bothering, but these Daedra have become my nightmare! :)

Thanks anyway for the great mod