[mod] fixed paperdoll skin

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
marius munier

[mod] fixed paperdoll skin

Post by marius munier »

Should be compatible with every new update out of the box!

What it does:
this replaces the body of breton and nord males and females, female high elves, and male wood elves. to my knowledge, the rest are fine.
Some female nord and breton faces were also replaced, as they used a different skintone than the rest.
comparison
comparison
2.png (285.81 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
for ladies and gents, censored or not
for ladies and gents, censored or not
1.png (230.01 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
How to get it?
here, on nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

or here, on google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tmhjgj ... sp=sharing

I would post it on the forum as an attachment, but apparently that's not happening. Oh, well...

Installation:
to install it, just drag and drop the "textures" folder in daggerfallunity_data/streamingassets
DO NOT enable "compressed modded textures". It breaks my sprites.
Do not enable "compressed modded textures", it ruins everything
Do not enable "compressed modded textures", it ruins everything
3.png (307.79 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
To un-install it, just remove the sprites from your "textures" folder, it won't break anything in your game.

Details:
-both the naked and censored versions are modified.

-Feel free to use these files however you please without any need to ask for permission.

-vanilla vampire faces excluded due there being no issue with it and "vampiric options" being a straight up upgrade in every conceivable way, although I find myself unable to make a patch: even by naming the files properly, the mod will fetch the images in it's own resources. expect the faces that have been modified by my mod to not carry over their changes to the vampire appearance, not that it is a major issue as only the duplicate nord female face will significantly change. This mod is now considered finished and should be ready to be put in released mods.
Last edited by marius munier on Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 14 times in total.
I'm nowhere near a good modder or developer, but I'm working on it.

imsobadatnicknames

Re: [mod] skin mismatch quick'n dirty fix

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Finally someone fixes this! It's something that has always bugged me quite a bit about DF
Last edited by imsobadatnicknames on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Sjaleo

Re: [mod] fixed paperdoll skin

Post by Sjaleo »

Doesn't work properly for me - this is what it appears as both in the game and in the files for me. (Legs in the background not included)
Spoiler!
Cool fix otherwise~
/Sjaleo

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Such a seemingly small factor that helps a lot with many of the faces. Thanks to marius munier for putting the time and effort to fix this problem.

marius munier

Post by marius munier »

Sjaleo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:55 am Doesn't work properly for me - this is what it appears as both in the game and in the files for me. (Legs in the background not included)
Spoiler!
Cool fix otherwise~
/Sjaleo
Well, that's an odd one. I assume you installed it manually, meaning you put the textures folder in DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets? If so, I have two questions: what operating system are you using? And have you tried putting the contents of the subfolders into the main texture folder (I ask because I seem to remember the subfolder thing being an issue for sims 4 mods on mac or something)?

either way, thanks for reporting it and sorry you can't benefit from it. Have a good day ^^

marius munier

Post by marius munier »

Aleryn wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:04 am Such a seemingly small factor that helps a lot with many of the faces. Thanks to marius munier for putting the time and effort to fix this problem.
Oh, it was just a bit of Aseprite magic, but thanks for the kind words ^^

Sjaleo

Post by Sjaleo »

marius munier wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:20 pm If so, I have two questions: ...
Windows 10@1440p and when I've tried placing them in the main texture folder they don't appear to change anything in the game. (Playing as an Altmer) When I went into Paint and zoomed in on them they look great though. Normal, pixelated.

Tack
/Sjaleo

ps: editing the size of the textures with Paint3D to 300% made it better, but not as good as it probably should be.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, nice mod, I thought it was the heads which did not fit the bodies, but its the other way around I see :)

Can you please tell me which male bodies were switched for which files? I might be able to do that for the males in my mod. My females had completely redrawn bodies so it did not matter, but males are based on AI upscaled original art. Thank you!

marius munier

Post by marius munier »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:02 pm Hi, nice mod, I thought it was the heads which did not fit the bodies, but its the other way around I see :)

Can you please tell me which male bodies were switched for which files? I might be able to do that for the males in my mod. My females had completely redrawn bodies so it did not matter, but males are based on AI upscaled original art. Thank you!
Hi, it's a pleasure to have you here ^^.

the male bodies I changed were:
BODY00l0.IMG (breton naked)
BODY00l1.IMG (breton clothed)
BODY02l0.IMG (nord naked)
BODY02l1.IMG (nord clothed)
BODY05l0.IMG (wood elf naked)
BODY05l1.IMG (wood elf clothed)

and they were switched with the files of the same name (with a .png added at the end) in the img folder of my mod, within the textures folder.

P.S: you are actually right about the heads, some female faces did not have the same skintone as others of the same race, and thus fit the original skin a bit better, but these were corrected as well (they're in the cifrci folder, along with the replacer for the duplicate nord face), so now, everyone looks about correct ^^

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

The pleasure is on our side, this is a great mod for a vanilla players, thank you and welcome ;)