[MOD] World Tooltips

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] World Tooltips

Post by Ralzar »

Hi. I just did some testing of mods in 0.13.1 and discovered that this mod spits out an error.

If you open 0.13.1 source code in Unity editor (without any mod code)

then add the "world tooltips.dfmod" to the Assets/StreamingAssets folder

then run the DaggerfallUnityStartup scene and click "Play"

The game will freeze during load and spit out this:
worldtooltipserror.png
worldtooltipserror.png (16.94 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
It is hard to say how this affects live DFU, as I have been unable to spot any ingame errors. but I figured I should mention it as it might be causing problems now or in the future.

The problem might be solved by simply precompiling the mod?

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Hey, thanks for checking this out!

Yes, it probably isn't causing any issues since it's related to my mod compatibility API which I don't believe any other mods have used yet.

I can take a look and make a fix.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

captainlei1993

Post by captainlei1993 »

Hi. I just found some activable furniture like wardrobe and drawer won't show world tooltips when hand painted models are installed. I dig out your code and turns out it uses model id to distinguish different furniture and chances are hand painted models changed id of those models. Could you make a workaround patch for hand painted models(like adding changed model ids in switch-case), thank you!

captainlei1993

Post by captainlei1993 »

Hi Jefetienne, I just opened a pull request regarding your Modded_HUDTooltipWindow.cs script on github(https://github.com/jefetienne/daggerfall-unity/pull/1) which fixed a bug that the tooltip doesn't show on some furniture like wardrobe especially when hand painted model is installed. Please merge my commit and update your awesome mod.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

captainlei1993 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:21 pm Hi Jefetienne, I just opened a pull request regarding your Modded_HUDTooltipWindow.cs script on github(https://github.com/jefetienne/daggerfall-unity/pull/1) which fixed a bug that the tooltip doesn't show on some furniture like wardrobe especially when hand painted model is installed. Please merge my commit and update your awesome mod.
Thanks so much for the fix! I have merged it and uploaded a new version along with a few other fixes I had made.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Changelog for 1.1:

- Fix tooltip centering for different aspect ratios and resolutions
- Fix a bug tooltip doesn't show on some furniture like wardrobe and cupboard especially when hand painted model is installed (thanks CaptainRay1993!)
- Show Palace open/close times
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

I don't know where I should report this as it may not be due to this mod, but since it was a tooltip that raised my eyebrow, I'll report it here.

There are taverns to the north, south, east and west of Castle Sentinel that are inside large buildings with an arch bridge between them. Some of the doors on the roof of those buildings have tooltips that claim they are entries to the city walls with lock level 8. I didn't open the doors, so I don't know where they actually go.

pango

Post by pango »

nicksta1310 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:58 pm There are taverns to the north, south, east and west of Castle Sentinel that are inside large buildings with an arch bridge between them. Some of the doors on the roof of those buildings have tooltips that claim they are entries to the city walls with lock level 8. I didn't open the doors, so I don't know where they actually go.
They all go to the expected place, inside the building they're on.
However the tooltips for the doors on the roofs of the north and south taverns leading to the 2nd building both indeed report going to City Walls:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (85.24 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Tooltips on east and west taverns just report "Residence":
2022_12_27_15_27_38.jpg
2022_12_27_15_27_38.jpg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Attachments
SAVE966.zip
(167.71 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

General_101

Post by General_101 »

Thought I'd repost this here.

viewtopic.php?p=64688#p64688

This mod seems to have issues when used alongside Context-Sensitive Interaction. Full details in the post but TL;DR sometimes doors will have names and properties of a previous door you looked at.