[MOD] Remove Spiders

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Feralwarlord

Re: [MOD] Remove Spiders

Post by Feralwarlord »

Jay_H wrote::o This sounds great.

...I just thought of a mod to replace every enemy with spiders and scorpions. It's good that I don't know how to mod that kind of thing :D
Why stop there replace every npc with spiders :lol:

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Version 2.0.1 on first post for compatibility with current game build.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Version 2.0.2 is available.

Kayzee

Post by Kayzee »

Ya know, I was just thinking... Why not expand this mod into something more general that could remap enemies into any other enemy? Not sure how much work that would involve really, but I bet that would be super useful to lotsa people for many different reasons, and would still be able to fulfill the mod's original purpose too! There are lots of things that might scare people in Daggerfall after all, why should only the poor spiders be picked on? I actually find them kinda cute sometimes! :3

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

username has a patch to remove naked NPCs and enemies in DFU. It's the only other one I know of, but it sort of fits.

Kayzee

Post by Kayzee »

That looks to be texture replacements rather then rearranging what enemies spawn though. Dosn't this mod actually replace spiders with other enemies as they spawn? I think a general version of that would be great for all sorts of things. For example, you could use it to make a pseudo challenge run, or get rid of humanoid enemies, or make every enemy a vampire, whatever you want!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Does anyone know if these statues of monsters (including spiders) are used in game? Are they placed inside towns like other statues?

Spoiler!
statues_of_monsters.png
statues_of_monsters.png (62.67 KiB) Viewed 3218 times

pango

Post by pango »

Lich statue is used to guard the Shedungent entrance/exit
Orcs and licanthrope and used in the hall of Lysandus' Tomb
Not sure about others
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

FallGuy

Post by FallGuy »

Sorry if I'm being dense, but is this mod supposed to replace the entire enemy? Like where there would normally be a spider there is now a bear (or whichever)? Or does it just replace the enemy graphic and text, so that under the hood it's still a spider but it just appears on the screen as a bear?

Asking because I am now finding that "Grizzly Bears" (which were formerly spiders) now have the ability to paralyze me in-game, which seems odd. This was actually the main reason I installed this mod, to get rid of that stupid paralyzing attack! :)