[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
XJDHDR

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by XJDHDR »

Just did some testing and it seems like it was after my PR 2051 was merged that this problem started. Which is very strange because I'm pretty sure the PR was working when both Interkarma and myself tested it.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

pango wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:20 am I lost track of the current DFU 3D map state concerning mods, is it ready yet?
Because master branch with no other mods doesn't look like it, modified geometry still don't get the right shader for me...
I found the problem and submitted a PR for it. Basically, my original PR only applied the Automap material and shader updates to vanilla models and not mod added ones. I guess Interkarma and I missed this during testing.

Thanks for informing me about this.

pango

Post by pango »

Sweet :)

(and by the way the fix seems to work for me)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hey I just reported this bug, but it turned out to be this mod causing it:

viewtopic.php?f=5&p=55442#p55442

I tried updating the mods, but I see the version number you list on nexus, does not match up with the version numbers for the mods in the mod list? Did you upload an old version of the mod by accident?

Nexus says 2021.01.31 for the mod page.
Then it says 2021.03.25 for the file download?

And then the mods in the modlist says 2021.03.20 and 2021.01.16 ?

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:30 pm Hey I just reported this bug, but it turned out to be this mod causing it:

viewtopic.php?f=5&p=55442#p55442

I tried updating the mods, but I see the version number you list on nexus, does not match up with the version numbers for the mods in the mod list? Did you upload an old version of the mod by accident?

Nexus says 2021.01.31 for the mod page.
Then it says 2021.03.25 for the file download?

And then the mods in the modlist says 2021.03.20 and 2021.01.16 ?
Sorry for the late reply. The problem was that the prefab's Mesh Collider somehow forgot which model it was supposed to be creating a collider from, meaning that it didn't have any collision. No idea how that happened but it will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting these problems.

As for the version mismatches, I've just fixed the mismatch between the mod page and file download. I must have forgotten to update the mod page version when I uploaded that version. As for the modlist, I didn't upload old builds; the fixes in those builds correspond with what my docs say. I just forgot to update the build number to match the date I uploaded the build. I'll try to not make that mistake again.
Last edited by XJDHDR on Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Also, I ran into one locked door I could walk through. I unfortunately did not record where that was, but it was the door out from one of those large rooms with a ramp up which is stometimes connected to the little hallway with the trapdoor that has to be opened by a trigger. Castle Necromoghan for example has one of these. It was the upstairs door that was locked but had no collision.

Also i Daenia city, Daenia region there is duplicate tavern name while using your mod:

With your mod:
moddedtavern.png
moddedtavern.png (157.41 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
Unmodded tavern names:
originaltavern.png
originaltavern.png (117.86 KiB) Viewed 2341 times

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Hi! I found a floating torch in one of the mini crypt dungeons, The Gaerhart Vaults; screenshot and save attached.

https://imgur.com/6OiARg6
Attachments
SAVE27.zip
(237.35 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Not using your mod at the moment. Ran into two taverns with the same name in Satakalaam, Satakalaam.

The Unfortunate Dagger appears twice.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Sorry for the late replies everyone.
Ralzar wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:06 am Also, I ran into one locked door I could walk through. I unfortunately did not record where that was, but it was the door out from one of those large rooms with a ramp up which is stometimes connected to the little hallway with the trapdoor that has to be opened by a trigger. Castle Necromoghan for example has one of these. It was the upstairs door that was locked but had no collision.
I'll go through all of my mod's prefabs and double-check their collision data.

Edit: I've audited every single model in my mod and I could not find issues with the collision for any of the other models. I also visited Castle Necromoghan and checked that specific door. It's collision is fine.
Ralzar wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:06 am Also i Daenia city, Daenia region there is duplicate tavern name while using your mod:
I can't reproduce this. With just UBLaMF installed, those two taverns have the correct names:
Daenia taverns.png
Daenia taverns.png (179.87 KiB) Viewed 1856 times

Both of those taverns are part of the BOOKAL01.RMB block and my mod does edit this block to move a signpost.

Please can you double-check this? It sounds to me like a mod conflict and/or bug in DFU.

Edit: I think I've figured out why I couldn't reproduce this. There was a bug in DFU itself that caused duplicate names. I must have used the codebase with this fix implemented when I tested.
Ralzar wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:35 am Not using your mod at the moment. Ran into two taverns with the same name in Satakalaam, Satakalaam.

The Unfortunate Dagger appears twice.
There might be a bug here but it's not caused by my mod. Here is a screenshot of my game without any mods installed. As you can see, these duplicate names exist in vanilla DFU as well:
Satakalaam taverns.png
Satakalaam taverns.png (168.44 KiB) Viewed 1856 times

These two taverns are part of two different blocks: PAWNAL01.RMB and TVRNAL04.RMB. My mod doesn't touch either of them. I can see what I can do about fixing this but I think we first need to check if this is a bug in DFU or the original game data.

13thsyndicate wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:46 am Hi! I found a floating torch in one of the mini crypt dungeons, The Gaerhart Vaults; screenshot and save attached.
Thanks. I've added this to my to-do list.
Last edited by XJDHDR on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Hi,

W0000018.RDB has two big rooms on the upper floor. They were not connected properly for some time, which was fixed in DFU PR #2130 (https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/2130). The fix was adding a corridor.

When unofficial block, location and model fix is installed, this change is reverted, so the rooms are not connected anymore (making it impossible in some dungeons to reach one of the quest markers).

This is WITHOUT the mod installed - the corridor connects both parts:

And this is WITH the mod installed - notice the missing corridor:

To check for yourself, go to Phrygias, travel to Ruins of Tower Hearthhart and use console to reveal_all.

See also this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=57203#p57203

(Filed this also in your Nexus bug tracker)