[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
XJDHDR

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by XJDHDR »

Baler wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:43 pm This is so cool, the gaps between stairs, for example, was such a huge turn off for me. It felt like one of those rough edges of dfu, so glad to see it being resolved.
Thanks, good to see this mod helped.
13thsyndicate wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:22 pm I don't know if you've fixed this one yet, but here's a bookstore in Midbury that's labeled as a residence.

Meanwhile, the actual bookstore behind it, marked orange on the map, doesn't have a bookstore sign, so I think somehow some data got switched?
Thanks for the report. I've added this to the list. The residence looks like a residence and the store looks like a store. The only problem I can see here is that the sign is next to the wrong building. Should be easy enough to fix.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Interestingly, there are other bookstores with that same residential model with the sign next to it, and other stores with the same model as the store that hve no signs, that are not bookstores.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I have just released version 2021.01.22. It fixes a number of issues that have been reported here as well as one or two that I discovered myself.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:37 pm I can't ask about regional Pawn Shops in Linisa, Sentinel. However there seem to be no such shop in Linisa, but there's at least one in Sentinel capital.
I just investigated this and I can't find anything wrong with the location data. The problem in the case of not being able to ask for regional Temples of Zen was that one of the gatehouse rooms in the locations were flagged as being in the Zen faction. This is not the case this time. There is nothing in Linisa's location data that says anything about a Pawn Shop. I then went to "Sacred Tree of Arkay" and that place had the same problem. I can't ask for regional Pawn Shops there either but neither it's location data nor the TEMPAAA0.RMB block says anything about Pawn Shops. I also tried visiting a farm in Daggerfall and same thing. Couldn't ask for regional Pawn Shops.

I would recommend checking if maybe there is a bug in DFU itself that prevents the player from asking for regional Pawn Shops anywhere. But either way, I don't think this is a problem with the game's data and so I don't think there is anything I can do about it.

pango

Post by pango »

It seems you couldn't ask about regional pawn shops in classic Daggerfall either. How weird.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I've just released version 2021.01.31

The two main changes in this version are:
  • Revert my position edits to door models 9003 and 9004 due to glitches this change was causing to a number of locations in the game.
  • Implemented a number of fixes related to graveyards.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

13thsyndicate wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:28 am Interestingly, there are other bookstores with that same residential model with the sign next to it, and other stores with the same model as the store that hve no signs, that are not bookstores.
Sorry for the late reply. With situations like this, there isn't always a clearly correct answer so I have to make a judgement call about what it looks like Bethesda's intention was. In this case, I made my decision mainly by looking at the interiors. The book shop's interior has a dozen bookshelves and a man that was in the Merchant faction. The house conversely had an interior that had the usual furnishings for a home and the man inside was not a member of any faction.

These lead me to believe that these buildings are correctly labelled. An argument could be made that the book store was meant to be a library but it's not certain enough for me to make that change.

Additionally, in that same Block, there is another bookstore whose interior is an exact copy of the residence above. The book shop sign outside as well as the man inside being in the Merchant faction this time made me conclude that this time, Bethesda deliberately copy-pasted that interior and lazily converted it into a book shop.

That said, if you can give me any other examples of buildings that you believe are coded with wrong data or bugged, I'm willing to take a look.

AuntiePixel

Post by AuntiePixel »

Found a bug that I'm pretty sure is not in the known issues. If it is and I misunderstood, apologies.

In a dungeon with dirt floor / wood walls, the stairwells have stonework dungeon walls and steps. Affected every stairwell I saw, though I didn't explore the entire dungeon. This example is from "Ruins of Castle Moorston" in Wrothgarian Mountains. I disabled the block fix mod and the textures went back to dirt floor / wood walls that match the rest of the dungeon. Screenshots below.
Spoiler!
With Block etc fixes enabled

Block etc fixes mod disabled

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

AuntiePixel wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:59 pm Found a bug that I'm pretty sure is not in the known issues. If it is and I misunderstood, apologies.

In a dungeon with dirt floor / wood walls, the stairwells have stonework dungeon walls and steps. Affected every stairwell I saw, though I didn't explore the entire dungeon. This example is from "Ruins of Castle Moorston" in Wrothgarian Mountains. I disabled the block fix mod and the textures went back to dirt floor / wood walls that match the rest of the dungeon.
Unfortunately, that is a known issue:
In a few dungeons, Daggerfall Unity's Runtime Materials script is currently assigning the wrong textures to some models I've patched. So far, I've only seen this in Privateer's Hold, Daggerfall's Castle and Lysandus' Tomb. This needs to be fixed on DFU's side and has been reported.

pango

Post by pango »

Could you consider fixing W0000018, that creates most of the disconnected dungeons?
They're probably many ways to do this, but based on its similarity with N0000021, N0000022 and N0000023, I think the simplest solution would be to borrow one extra corridor from N0000022 like this:
fix W0000018.jpg
fix W0000018.jpg (208.83 KiB) Viewed 3685 times
N0000022.jpg
N0000022.jpg (204.02 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart