Legacy Released Mods

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
TheLacus

Re: Released Mods

Post by TheLacus »

Hey, can you add this one ?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Done. :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Could you add a link to my topic :) ? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=583

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

AlexanderSig wrote:Could you add a link to my topic :) ? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=583
Done! This all looks amazing by the way. It's awesome to see all your hard work finally in Daggerfall where it belongs. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Updated download link link for Real Grass & Plants to version 1.11.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

1) Hand-painted Textures (VMblast) - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=476
2) Hand-painted Model Replacement Project (AlexanderSig) - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=583
3) Texture Replacement (AlexanderSig etc.) - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=577
4) Terrain Flats (jmanowar; NOT LISTED IN THE MODS LIST) - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=432

Even after reviewing the related forum topics, I'm confused as to how the first three mods above relate to/overlap with each other. All the work by the various authors looks fantastic, but ideally I'm looking for an "all-in-one" mesh/texture replacement mod that covers as many models and textures as have been redone so far, without any overlaps/conflicts. Can the authors please respond (using small words, as I'm a complete nitwit when it comes to modding) to explain the specific similarities/differences among these three mods, as well as their possible plans (which I've seen hinted at in the forums) to eventually combine some or all of these mods into one coherent mod package?

Similarly, re: the 4th mod listed above (terrain flats), are there any plans to include those textures in an eventual "all-in-one" mesh/texture replacement mod package with jmanowar's approval? Finally, interkarma, please note that mod is not included in the first page of this topic along with the other mod downloads - I'm not sure whether that's an oversight. Cheers!

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Mike wrote:1) Hand-painted Textures (VMblast) - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=476
2) Hand-painted Model Replacement Project (AlexanderSig) - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=583
3) Texture Replacement (AlexanderSig etc.) - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=577
4) Terrain Flats (jmanowar; NOT LISTED IN THE MODS LIST) - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=432

Even after reviewing the related forum topics, I'm confused as to how the first three mods above relate to/overlap with each other. All the work by the various authors looks fantastic, but ideally I'm looking for an "all-in-one" mesh/texture replacement mod that covers as many models and textures as have been redone so far, without any overlaps/conflicts. Can the authors please respond (using small words, as I'm a complete nitwit when it comes to modding) to explain the specific similarities/differences among these three mods, as well as their possible plans (which I've seen hinted at in the forums) to eventually combine some or all of these mods into one coherent mod package?

Similarly, re: the 4th mod listed above (terrain flats), are there any plans to include those textures in an eventual "all-in-one" mesh/texture replacement mod package with jmanowar's approval? Finally, interkarma, please note that mod is not included in the first page of this topic along with the other mod downloads - I'm not sure whether that's an oversight. Cheers!
Mods you listed as 1) and 4) are included in mod 3). There is no conflict between model replacements and texture replacements. There is also no risk of real "conflict" between mods 1, 3 and 4 because they'll simply overwrite each others duplicate textures.

Put simply: install numbers 2 and 3 :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks AlexanderSig! That's very clear. I wonder if interkarma could update the first topic to remove mod 1 (Hand-painted Textures) as a separate item from the list and add it (and unlisted mod 4, Terrain Flats) instead as notes to mod 3 (Texture Replacement)? And again, amazing work by you and the other authors - another set of mods that really improve on the original game!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I think making that clear would be a good idea - it's not obvious to a newcomer. I was confused about it as well.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Hazelnut wrote:I think making that clear would be a good idea - it's not obvious to a newcomer. I was confused about it as well.
Adding to the confusion (at least for me), I see there are several other topics about mesh and/or texture replacements - e.g. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=395 (TheLacus), viewtopic.php?f=14&t=632 (KingofWorms), etc. Are these and other similar projects posted in the "Creator's Corner" forum branch all also merged/included in AlexanderSig's two mods referenced above (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=583 for meshes/models; viewtopic.php?f=14&t=577 for textures)?