[MOD] Quest Offer Locations

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Quest Offer Locations

Post by Hazelnut »

Have moved the thread for you. Please could you edit the OP to be more useful, the video is private and unplayable for me and the first post really should be a description of what the mod does.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Great QOL mod, a suitable alternative to manual quest selection.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:57 pm Have moved the thread for you. Please could you edit the OP to be more useful, the video is private and unplayable for me and the first post really should be a description of what the mod does.
Thanks, I've made the vid public and updated the description

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm testing the Windows version on Linux, and it appears to work well. Not many moving parts in a mod like this, I suppose :) I'll post again if anything unusual starts to happen with it.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:46 pm I'm testing the Windows version on Linux, and it appears to work well. Not many moving parts in a mod like this, I suppose :) I'll post again if anything unusual starts to happen with it.
Ah great thanks for the info, I don't have a Linux setup to test that sort of thing, but I should get one sorted when I get chance

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hey, I am just loving this mod. It has mostly removed one of the biggest annoyances I still had with the game.

However, I had an idea that could be for a new mod or an addition to this mod. How about the ability to auto-decline quests that are too far away?

Like, you could have a mod setting with a slider. You set it to 2, and all quests that result in a journey over 2 days get declined and a new quest gets generated instead until you hit one that fits the limit?

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 pm Hey, I am just loving this mod. It has mostly removed one of the biggest annoyances I still had with the game.

However, I had an idea that could be for a new mod or an addition to this mod. How about the ability to auto-decline quests that are too far away?

Like, you could have a mod setting with a slider. You set it to 2, and all quests that result in a journey over 2 days get declined and a new quest gets generated instead until you hit one that fits the limit?
Hi Ralzar,

Sounds like a good idea, it is a bit annoying to have to keep cycling through quest offers just to get one that is not too far away. I’ll take a look when I get the chance, not sure when that’ll be but I’ll let you know.

Ps. Great work on the Climate and Calories mod, I use that a lot :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 pm Like, you could have a mod setting with a slider. You set it to 2, and all quests that result in a journey over 2 days get declined and a new quest gets generated instead until you hit one that fits the limit?
What's next, a mod that swings your sword for you... pfff. :-P

Seriously, it could have the possibility of reducing rep by 1 if you reject too many quest offers.... too picky for the guild, you snowflake you. :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:57 pm Seriously, it could have the possibility of reducing rep by 1 if you reject too many quest offers.... too picky for the guild, you snowflake you. :D
Hey man, blame your mods. A quest 8 days away is a lot more hassle with travel options :D

But I have several times theorycrafted about making a mod that makes guilds limit the number of quests available in each town. And/or giving a rep penalty for declining quests.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 pm Hey, I am just loving this mod. It has mostly removed one of the biggest annoyances I still had with the game.

Hi Ralzar,

I got chance to look at this tonight, but I tried out something different. As Hazelnut mentioned you can get negative rep if you just auto-decline the quests repeatedly, so I just made sure it gets a nearby location for the quest that is offered. For this one I have set it to 2 days maximum travel time:

Only problem is I had to modify the Place.cs class, which I'm not even sure how to release changes of that to the public, unless you know of how?

Thanks