[MOD] Quest Offer Locations

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Quest Offer Locations

Post by Hazelnut »

As Hazelnut mentioned you can get negative rep if you just auto-decline the quests repeatedly, so I just made sure it gets a nearby location for the quest that is offered.
I think I phrased it poorly, I meant you could implement that in your mod if you wanted to punish people repeatedly declining quests. (like over 20 in a row or whatever you decided) It wont happen by itself. Sorry for the confusion.
Only problem is I had to modify the Place.cs class, which I'm not even sure how to release changes of that to the public, unless you know of how?
That will require a change to the DFU core code, PM me with details and I'll give my opinion.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:49 pm I think I phrased it poorly, I meant you could implement that in your mod if you wanted to punish people repeatedly declining quests. (like over 20 in a row or whatever you decided) It wont happen by itself. Sorry for the confusion.
Ah well if it's not going to reduce rep, it's not so much of an issue. I'll see if I can get it working without changes to core and if not I'll give you a shout,

Thanks Hazelnut

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Macadaynu wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:47 pm
Hazelnut wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:49 pm I think I phrased it poorly, I meant you could implement that in your mod if you wanted to punish people repeatedly declining quests. (like over 20 in a row or whatever you decided) It wont happen by itself. Sorry for the confusion.
Ah well if it's not going to reduce rep, it's not so much of an issue. I'll see if I can get it working without changes to core and if not I'll give you a shout,

Thanks Hazelnut
Remember that this will probably work atm, but will probably not be compatible with a few other quest mod ideas floating around. Like guilds only offering a limited number of quests.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Remember that this will probably work atm, but will probably not be compatible with a few other quest mod ideas floating around. Like guilds only offering a limited number of quests.
Hi Ralzar,

I had another chance to look at this today,

I've got this working without changes to the core code. So rather than auto-declining quests, this will check if the quest is close enough, if not it will look for another one. This will loop and repeat until if finds a suitable quest, how long this loops for can be configured in the mod settings. If it doesn't find a close enough quest, it will use the closest quest it found during the loop as a fallback.

In the mod settings you'll see that the "Maximum Travel Distance In Days" is a float data type, this is for compatibility with Travel Options, e.g if you set it to 0.5 it will prefer quests that are no more than 12 hours away.

This mod will only apply to the randomly generated quests for social and guild quests. I think this way it should work with other mods? Correct me if I'm wrong though. (You can take a look at the code here: https://github.com/Macadaynu/dfunity-mo ... -locations)

I've attached the dfmod file for you to try out. Take a look at the mod settings before starting the game, I've defaulted the "Prefer Nearby Quests" setting to false, so that will need to be set to true for these changes to take effect.

Thanks

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Oh wow, cool :)

I will take a look at this later tonight but from what you say it seem to be everything I wanted :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hey, I did not get to try this out before now. But I notice there is no mod settings? Did you upload the wrong file?

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:00 am Hey, I did not get to try this out before now. But I notice there is no mod settings? Did you upload the wrong file?
I'm at work now, but I'll check that for you later tonight

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:00 am Hey, I did not get to try this out before now. But I notice there is no mod settings? Did you upload the wrong file?
Sorry mate, I'm an idiot :lol:

Attached the correct file this time
Attachments
quest offer locationsv3.rar
(6.84 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I've been trying this out and so far the results have been nothing but positive :)

However, I suspect some quests will never get offered right? Since some will require dungeon types that are not within range?

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:25 am I've been trying this out and so far the results have been nothing but positive

However, I suspect some quests will never get offered right? Since some will require dungeon types that are not within range?
Thanks, I've also been doing some testing and seems to work for me so far.

I think the fact that it is using a "fallback" location, means that your random quest offer should always work? Unless I'm mistaken. (The fallback location being the closest quest location it found during the search, even if it's really far away)

So for certain quest offers you will be offered a location that is outside your max range, but I don't think that's a problem as this mod setting is only saying you "prefer" nearby locations if they are available.

Either way let me know if you find any problems with it, or have any concerns. I can release an upgrade to Nexus if we're both happy with it.

PS. I'm currently working on integrating my Hotkeys mod to work with your Climate and Calories mod, fun times :D