[MOD] Quest Offer Locations

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Macadaynu

Re: [MOD] Quest Offer Locations

Post by Macadaynu »

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/201

Version 0.3.0
New Settings Overview
  • Prefer Nearby Quests - Enable this to restrict random quest offers to be within the distance specified in the "Max Travel Distance in Days" setting. Note this is only a preference and not all quests will be within this range, but the mod will attempt to find a close enough quest if one is available. This will only apply to the random quest offers offered by guilds and social quests.
  • Max Travel Distance in Days - This is not in full days as you may be using the Travel Options mod which calculates your travel time in hours, eg. if you set this to 0.5 days, the mod will look for quests that are less than 12 hours travel away.
  • Max Search Time in Seconds - How long you want the mod to search for a nearby quest, the higher you set this, the more likely the mod will find you a quest within the specified range.

Leniad

Post by Leniad »

Hello, and thanks for this great mod, it's really convenient when doing quests!

I have an idea that you might want to add to the mod (don't know how feasible it is tho)

Sometimes when I'm crossing the map for a quest (using travel options), I'd like to pick up some extra quests on the way while stopping at a town, but only if they won't make me go out of my way. It'd be great if your mod could not only tell the distance to the quest target, but also the direction, something like "You will need to travel to Ripmarket, which is 6 days travel to the northeast."

I guess you'd be able to get the direction to the target if you can get the location coordinates and do some math. Hope you like the idea, thanks for reading it!

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Leniad wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:09 am I have an idea that you might want to add to the mod (don't know how feasible it is tho)

Sometimes when I'm crossing the map for a quest (using travel options), I'd like to pick up some extra quests on the way while stopping at a town, but only if they won't make me go out of my way. It'd be great if your mod could not only tell the distance to the quest target, but also the direction, something like "You will need to travel to Ripmarket, which is 6 days travel to the northeast."
Hi, yes I think that's possible. I have some work to do on other mods at the moment that take priority, but I'll note this down as a possible addition for the future,

Thanks for the feedback :)

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc »

Macadaynu wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:30 am
Leniad wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:09 am I have an idea that you might want to add to the mod (don't know how feasible it is tho)

Hi, yes I think that's possible. I have some work to do on other mods at the moment that take priority, but I'll note this down as a possible addition for the future,

Thanks for the feedback :)
Thanks for the awesome mod, however I experienced a bug with your mod. Some quests sometimes will have their factionID erased if using "Prefer Nearby Quests" which means they won't give any reputation. Example includes last 3 quests for non members of Mages Guild. However if you raise the "Max Travel Distance in Days" high enough then the chance for factionID to be erased will decrease.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Lywzc wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:16 pm Thanks for the awesome mod, however I experienced a bug with your mod. Some quests sometimes will have their factionID erased if using "Prefer Nearby Quests" which means they won't give any reputation. Example includes last 3 quests for non members of Mages Guild. However if you raise the "Max Travel Distance in Days" high enough then the chance for factionID to be erased will decrease.
Thanks for the report, just fixed as part of version 1.0.0

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Version 1.0.0

- Added compass direction to the location for quest offers like so:

Daggerfall Unity 30-May-22 9_22_18 PM.jpg
Daggerfall Unity 30-May-22 9_22_18 PM.jpg (473.85 KiB) Viewed 648 times

- Bug fix for Prefer Nearby Quests logic