[MOD] Hotkey Bar

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Macadaynu

Re: [MOD] HotKey Bar

Post by Macadaynu »

pango wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:02 pm Oops, seems there has been a mismatch between archive name and module name:

Code: Select all

Archive: Convenient Quest Log (Windows) 0.5.1-202-0-5-1-1626269422.rar
Details: RAR 5

Attributes      Size     Date    Time   Name
----------- ---------  ---------- -----  ----
    I.A....     19445  2021-07-14 15:12  StandaloneWindows/hotkey bar.dfmod
    ...D...         0  2021-07-14 15:30  StandaloneWindows
----------- ---------  ---------- -----  ----
                19445                    2
Thanks, That's fixed now

darkedone02

Post by darkedone02 »

I love this already, it's better then constently going though my spell book just to cast a spell one at a time, I can have this instead.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

darkedone02 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:21 pm I love this already, it's better then constently going though my spell book just to cast a spell one at a time, I can have this instead.
Thanks, glad to hear you're enjoying this :)

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/202

Version 0.7.0 features:
  • Configurable UI at runtime - Pressing 0 now opens a settings menu to alter the appearance, as well as functionality of the Hotkey Bar. Demo of this is included in the attached video.
  • Invert scroll direction - A toggle option has been included to invert the direction of the mouse scroll wheel or the - and = buttons when using multiple Hotkey rows. So if you prefer the row number to increase when scrolling down, enable this option.
  • Bindable light sources - Mapping a light source such as a torch, will bind any torches you find to that hotkey. Even after you run out of torches, this is so you don't have to keep remapping each individual light source.
  • Bindable icon improvement - Camping Equipment/Meat/Light Source icons now stay on the assigned Hotkey, even after running out of said items. This is to make it more clear that the item type has been bound to it's Hotkey. You now get a warning message if you try to use one of these items when none are in your inventory.

The new configurable UI logic should work with saves using an older version of Hotkey Bar. This new logic removes the need for there to be a mod Settings menu when using the DFU launcher.

The settings menu was based on the work done by l3lessed's Enchanted Compass mod (which I highly recommend), he kindly let me use the scroll asset from his Github. I will link the Nexus page for that mod when it becomes available.

pango

Post by pango »

That mod became a must-have for me...

Any plan on implementing classic delays when switching weapons as an option?
Right now it feels a bit like cheating ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Any plan on implementing classic delays when switching weapons as an option?
Right now it feels a bit like cheating ;)
Ah yes, I'll plan that for the next upgrade,

Thanks

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Your custom UI stuff is great. From the screenshots and video, I'm really impressed by this.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

DFIronman wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:40 am Your custom UI stuff is great. From the screenshots and video, I'm really impressed by this.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the feedback :D

pango

Post by pango »

I've seen some bug in a stream, the player couldn't type the amount of gold he wished to drop into his wagon ("you cannot map the Helm"): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1129146864?t=4h22m8s
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

pango wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 pm I've seen some bug in a stream, the player couldn't type the amount of gold he wished to drop into his wagon ("you cannot map the Helm"): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1129146864?t=4h22m8s
Thanks, That's been reported on nexus, will get a hotfix out tomorrow