[MOD] Hotkey Bar

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Macadaynu

Re: [MOD] HotKey Bar

Post by Macadaynu »

Version 0.3.0 released.

Fixes the following issues:
- Improved the custom spell handling, so that custom spells can be mapped to the hotkey bar correctly
- Prevent players from spamming certain spells, which could prevent spells being cast

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/202

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Version 0.4.0 released with some good changes:

- Multiple hotkey bar rows: use the mod settings to adjust the max number of hotkey bar rows (up to 5, so up to 45 total slots can be mapped). Use the mouse scroll wheel or the - and = buttons to cycle between rows.

- Configurable hotkey bar size: use the mod settings to change the max number of hotkeys per row.

- Auto recast spells: You now do not need to recast or re-press the hotkey for missile type spells. Once you press the hotkey for a desired spell, you can just keep clicking the fire button as it is considered "armed" until you stop using it. This should eliminate the need for the recast button (Q).

- Sheathe / Unsheathe: If you press a hotkey for a spell or weapon that is already armed, you will toggle the sheathe. This should eliminate the need for the sheathe button (Z).

- Bug fix: for icon panels turning white when hotkeys are spammed.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Version 0.5.0 release:

New features:

Light / Douse Torches - map any light source to a hotkey to toggle this.

Horse / Cart Mounting - map your horse or cart to a hotkey like you would an item. (Should eliminate the need for the T key, ships will be added later).

Spellbook - map your Spellbook like you would an item.

Climate and Calories integration - Mapping Camping Equipment or Meat will bind those item types to the desired hotkey. Meaning the hotkey will search that item type in your inventory until it finds one, so you don't have to keep mapping Camping Equipment/Meat after you have none in your inventory.

Most other usable items - Note that not all items can be used yet. Message me on the DFU forums if you want an item type adding.

pango

Post by pango »

Lots of great new features, thanks!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

I noticed some minor issue, after typing a 0 in some game window (observed with the inventory and the banking interface so far), when closing that window the hotbar is toggled.
-- Charles Goodhart

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

pango wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:10 am I noticed some minor issue, after typing a 0 in some game window (observed with the inventory and the banking interface so far), when closing that window the hotbar is toggled.
Great thanks for the report pango, I'll take a look when I can

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Released hotfix 0.5.1

That should be fixed now, although strangely I couldn't replicate the issue when in the inventory screen, but I could replicate it when using the save/load game menu (after pressing ESC)

Either way the bug should be fixed, let me know if you are still having issues, thanks

pango

Post by pango »

Oops, seems there has been a mismatch between archive name and module name:

Code: Select all

Archive: Convenient Quest Log (Windows) 0.5.1-202-0-5-1-1626269422.rar
Details: RAR 5

Attributes      Size     Date    Time   Name
----------- ---------  ---------- -----  ----
    I.A....     19445  2021-07-14 15:12  StandaloneWindows/hotkey bar.dfmod
    ...D...         0  2021-07-14 15:30  StandaloneWindows
----------- ---------  ---------- -----  ----
                19445                    2
-- Charles Goodhart

kiskoller

Post by kiskoller »

I'd like to paraphrase our Lord and Saviour, the Todd when describing this mod:

It just works!

This is the most important mod in my game. I hated the fact that I needed to open a menu and click on a spell every time I wanted to cast a buff or recall or just change element. This mod really increased my enjoyment when dungeon-crawling.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

kiskoller wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:10 pm I'd like to paraphrase our Lord and Saviour, the Todd when describing this mod:

It just works!
Wow quoting the great Todd Howard is high praise indeed :lol:
kiskoller wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:10 pm This is the most important mod in my game. I hated the fact that I needed to open a menu and click on a spell every time I wanted to cast a buff or recall or just change element. This mod really increased my enjoyment when dungeon-crawling.
Thanks for the feedback, I agree it makes battlemages so much fun :D