An highly customizable loading screen that appears during loading times instead of the default black screen.
The loading screen is shown during the following transitions:
- Save loading
- Fast travel
- Entering/exiting dungeons and buildings (optional).
- After death sequence (optional).
Place loadingscreen.dfmod inside StreamingAssets/Mods.
By default a clean black background is used. You can place any png file you want inside a specific folder and the mod will pick one of them randomly every time. Optionally you can have subfolders to use different images according to climates and/or interior/exterior/dungeon transition. See the readme for more informations.
On top of background image, optional components can be drawn. These components can be customized from settings.
This is a list of currently available components:
- Tips: tips and other informations; some of them are chosen randomically, a few others are specific to current character save data.
- Enemy Show Case: random combat sprite graphic.
- Level Counter: a progress bar for next level.
- Loading Label: a simple label stating Loading or a custom text.
- Model Viewer: a random 3d model with background mist (think of Skyrim).
- Quest Messages: a log message from one of the active quests.
Editing settings for individual components can be overwhelming at first, so you are invited to start by picking one of the presets available from the mod settings window. Custom presets can be exported and shader with the community!
Loading Screen v2.3
Oblivion-style backgrounds v.2 by Kamer
Note: Nexus mod version is coming soon with an update that fixes a minor issue with the level progress bar.
Delete loadingscreen.dfmod from StreamingAssets/Mods.
Special tanks to Jay_H and Tealy Wolf for writing some of the game tips.