[MOD] Loading Screen

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
TheLacus

Re: [MOD] Loading Screen

Post by TheLacus »

Version 2.3 is available on first post. It makes this mod a bit easier to use and adds loading screen on fast travel.
It doesn't appear anymore when exiting buildings due to changes in core, i'll have to check what i can do for that.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Interkarma what do you think if i refactor FadeBehaviour with virtual methods to allow loading screen mods like this one to replace black screen? Should allow for a more stable integration with core.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm happy for that to happen. :)

ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

Did the option to have the place you're currently in/fast travelling to be displayed in the loading screen disappear? I can't seem to find it in options nor does it appear in game when I load in.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:31 am Did the option to have the place you're currently in/fast travelling to be displayed in the loading screen disappear? I can't seem to find it in options nor does it appear in game when I load in.
This is now done automatically depending on available resources. Images are first seeked inside StreamingAssets\Textures\Splash\Summer (or Building, Dungeon, Desert, Winter), then inside the root StreamingAssets\Textures\Splash and finally a black background is used as fallback.

ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

TheLacus wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:22 pm
ValkyrWarrior wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:31 am Did the option to have the place you're currently in/fast travelling to be displayed in the loading screen disappear? I can't seem to find it in options nor does it appear in game when I load in.
This is now done automatically depending on available resources. Images are first seeked inside StreamingAssets\Textures\Splash\Summer (or Building, Dungeon, Desert, Winter), then inside the root StreamingAssets\Textures\Splash and finally a black background is used as fallback.
Oh, that sounds awesome! Unfortunately I have no images of my own I'd like to put in there, but thanks for the heads up!

Say, do you happen to have images of your own you like to use that you'd be willing to upload?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:37 pm
Oh, that sounds awesome! Unfortunately I have no images of my own I'd like to put in there, but thanks for the heads up!

Say, do you happen to have images of your own you like to use that you'd be willing to upload?
The mod comes with a folder named Example background images, which should be a good start. These screenshots are a bit old though, is probably worth to take them again with new mods. On first post there is also a link to Oblivion-style backgrounds made by Kamer. I'm happy to put links to other packs if someone want to share their collection of screenshots :)

There is also a preset that enable WIP Skyrim-like loading screens, which is probably going to become the default and looks better with a clean black background. This is where i'm currently putting my focus for this mod, but the ability to import custom backgrounds will always be there.

ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

TheLacus wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:08 pm
ValkyrWarrior wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:37 pm

The mod comes with a folder named Example background images, which should be a good start. These screenshots are a bit old though, is probably worth to take them again with new mods. On first post there is also a link to Oblivion-style backgrounds made by Kamer. I'm happy to put links to other packs if someone want to share their collection of screenshots :)

There is also a preset that enable WIP Skyrim-like loading screens, which is probably going to become the default and looks better with a clean black background. This is where i'm currently putting my focus for this mod, but the ability to import custom backgrounds will always be there.
I'm an complete idiot and forgot about the background image folder. Durrrrrrr. Thanks for reminding me; I currently use the Skyrim preset and it's quite good already!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for further improving on this mod Lacus!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

New update works fine for me
Check out my YouTube Channel!