[MOD] Skulduggery - A Thief Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: Thief Overhaul

Post by Ralzar »

Mod updated.

I have now added a bribe function. If a guard is about 5 meters away from you and can see you, you will get a popup asking if you want to try bribing the guard. If you answer yes, the mod will test your streetwise and luck versus the crime committed and your legal reputation to convince him, then merchantile to figure out the size of the bribe.

If you are unable to bribe the guard, you will get the usual arrest popup.

Note that this will have the extra effect of guards no longer having to hit you to trigger the arrest popup. They simply have to see you and be within talking distance. This means that escaping guards without any legal rep penalty will be much more difficult.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Loving the changes, all so essential for a modern playthrough!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I have to wait for DFU 0.11.5 to release this, but I have finished coding and testing a new shop in the thieves guild.

The fence now sells thief items.

These are equipped in jewellery slots and will grant passive bonuses to pickpocket, lockpicking, streetwise, stealth and climbing.
ThiefShop.png
ThiefShop.png (31.33 KiB) Viewed 2174 times

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Might need a grappling hook sometime in the future, for those harder to reach areas.

Come to think of it, I've never created a good jumper before, at least not recently. Can you jump high enough to grab those high ledges?

(Cool idea, by the way. Thieves need some more love.)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

There is a grappling hook item there. But it just gives a bonus to climbing. Some kind of actual new climbing mechanic is way out of my leage of coding at the moment :D

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Looking forward to the fencer!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Made containers in private houses etc have a chance of having one or more valuable items.

The chance is relatively low and strongly affected by Luck and building quality.

This will also need to wait for changes in DFU 0.11.5. So waiting for the update to officially release this mod.

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Skulduggery - A Thief Overhaul

Post by Ralzar »

Mod is now live :)

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Already one of my favourite mods ever for DFU. Absolutely ESSENTIAL for any thief out there like me!

Tkia

Post by Tkia »

Hi Ralzar,

I just loaded the latest version of this with DFU 12.2 and hit a problem while loitering in a shop past closing time.

I'm working on mercantile with a new character and set a 6 hour loiter (my max) for a skillup without noticing the time. When closing time hit I got 2 pop-ups simultaneously - one telling me what happened which was immediately buried under the merchant's 'I'm being robbed' pop-up. The loitering countdown timer was still running and locked behind both pop-ups. At this point nothing was responding except clicking through the merchant's pop-up dialogue which was immediately replaced with another one. I had to keep doing this for several minutes while the loiter clock in the background ticked down to 0, which took a while as it seems to get paused with each new popup. When it finally hit 0 and the pop-ups vanished I had a bunch of scrolling messages fly by about my concealment having been dropped. I was never concealed! After that the guards arrived and all the guard and court messages proceeded normally.

The attached save puts you right in front of the merchant and as it's so near to closing time you only need to loiter for 1 hour to see the results, which I've been able to reproduce every time. I also tested by just standing around until after closing time and in that scenario all the pop-ups happened normally and were clicked through with no problems. I'm guessing if you can interrupt the loitering countdown at closing time everything else will fall back into place.
Attachments
SAVE158_skullduggery_issue.zip
(255.35 KiB) Downloaded 82 times