[MOD] Skulduggery - A Thief Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Skulduggery - A Thief Overhaul

Post by Ralzar »

Hah. I'll have to code in something like that. Probably the shop owner kicking you out at closing time.

Tkia

Post by Tkia »

You might want to build in some kind of delay or grace period too. When I did the standing around test everything seemed to happen a bit too swiftly to reasonably react to. If you're not watching the time (and who does unless you are actually loitering with intent to criminal activity?!) the first event pop-up appears almost immediately after closing time and is pretty much phrased on the assumtion that you are indeed hanging around with nefarious intent, and the screams about being robbed are so soon after it that I'm not sure that anyone would have time to get out of the door before it kicked in even if they instantly moved after the event message.

Maybe precede it all with a 'we're closing can you all leave now please? message and then code a bit of delay to give the player time to get out before yelling for the guards?

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

are there any plans to add illusion spells? I think more ability to influence enemies is needed.

I wonder if you can make a spell or even just make the steal mode aggro enemies if you click them from afar too. This lets you lure and pick enemies off.

Illusory Decoy spell mod is a great example (although ive not had a chance to try it out against enemies) of a way to bolster the thief or rogue class.

Chameleon works like invisibility if casted while climbing. This allows you to use a cheap spell for greater results based on appropriate class skill. Are you able to use contexts like this to affect gameplay?

Medical could influence the poisons you are able to apply to weapons or items. Higher medical skill means more potent and varied poisons on more weapons and items. (assuming its possible for PC to use poisoned weapons)

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

is it possible to have light affect stealth?

For example of youre carrying a torch or lantern it will illuminate you to enemies but the Illusion 'light' spell doesnt.

risk

Post by risk »

haha.. yes i like how we can walk around with light spell and a lantern.. and also be invisible.. =p

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Hey, great mod... Very nice enhancements overall, would highly recommend this to anyone.

Very much looking forward to:
-Better pickpocket rewards
-Try picking locks more than once
-Better court options.

Was thinking the following should be added:

-Lockpick mode makes you equip a lockpick "weapon". Every other game except arena at least makes you have it in your inventory for the minigame, but Morrowind was a straight skillcheck with a lockpick item that deteriorated with use.
I know it's possible to add a custom animation/weapon because ambidexterity mod, but I don't know about implementing the actual skill check. Is it hardcoded?
Maybe a weapon that shoots an unlock spell? Idk.

-pickpocketing npcs other than commoners. and in general better loot rewards. Being able to get items like ingredients, daggers, gems, maps, recipes, potions.
Possibly a special trade inventory where a player can choose what to steal from more important npcs, being a high risk high reward operation for more skilled players. Failure would lower reputation with that particular npc. Commoners would have the same dialogue message pop up but with slightly better rewards.

-Better reputation handling and consequences. If you're acquitted, obviously you shouldn't receive the full penalty, and even if you aren't not everyone should have the same reputation affect. I would suggest the following:

() Pickpocket fails on commoners are misdemeanors, only being a fine. No reputation loss.
() Pickpocket fails where there's a trade inventory window fine based on the item that was trying to be stolen, and also set time/reputation loss based on cost
()Assault for unarmed attacks on commoners and guards. A lesser crime than murder.
()Failed lockpicking results in criminal conspiracy, which is a short time detainment but no fines or reputation loss.
()Also the same for general criminal conspiracy.
()B&E is a severe crime, but not as bad as murder.
()Murder seems appropriate as of now
()Treason could be any failed pickpocket attempt on royals at court and results in death unless you talk your way out of it.

-As far as I know you can't actually rob temples, palaces, or guilds, would be nice if breaking in gave some rewards, even if it's just dialogue options that involve skill checks and results.

Question for clarity:
What exactly happens as far as private stash population and stealing from houses, and what sort of houses are best to rob?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Could it be possible to get a version without that 5m arrest feature? Love the mod otherwise, but that one feature pretty much ruins it for me.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

I just had the idea for mugging people for info and items.

With decent agility and speed and some luck, along with good pickpocketing, short blade or blunt, hand to hand, streetwise and maybe backstabbing? Its simulating you grabbing them and roughing them up or threatening them with a weapon.

You could get more rewards or info on a house to rob (which would place treasure inside) or maybe get that npc to do something for you.

in a similar way to this mod:(https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/114) a townperson could 'deliver' something to you.
Rather than things like gold or ingredients, you could force this person to get illegal or unsavory items or commit other crimes. (enter the palace and let you in at night)

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

It would be cool to enter buildings from the roof. For instance if you enter the tavern from the roof, you have a good chance of sleeping there for free.

Maybe the same could be done for stores or residences.

This could still take a lockpicking check. Its kinda fun jumping from roof to roof, incorporating this gameplay would be really unique.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

I've been writing a composite mod collection and had some time while waiting for the next DFU release, so I created a mini-mod grappling hook functionality for your grappling hook item.

Here's how it works:

Oh no! That's a high ledge and I don't know any levitation spell.
But I have a grappling hook, so I aim just below the ledge while in grab mode and click...Swish...
2022_03_01_10_46_45.jpg
2022_03_01_10_46_45.jpg (92.09 KiB) Viewed 1114 times

Clank...
2022_03_01_10_46_55.jpg
2022_03_01_10_46_55.jpg (91.08 KiB) Viewed 1114 times

Easy...
2022_03_01_10_47_31.jpg
2022_03_01_10_47_31.jpg (101.72 KiB) Viewed 1114 times