[MOD] l3lessed Enchanted Compass

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
l3lessed

Re: l3lessed Enchanted Compass

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks. I'll work on this when I can this week. Sorry if there is a slow down on my work.

I'm getting busier in my personal life right now, and my wife is needing my assistance some more, so less time for this stuff for a little while.

I will keep working on it here and there though, so I don't plan on a complete stop of updates.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

cloudydaggerfall

Post by cloudydaggerfall »

I made a oopsy, the save file didn't have compass enabled. However this save file does break with the mod so you might still want it. Do you want me to enable mod and upload that save? or is the enabling of archeology want you needed?

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

The best would be to have a save with both mods, in case there is some issue between them.

I'll still try this save when I have some time though.

cloudydaggerfall

Here is a save with both mods enabled. It is at the exit to the first dungeon. When you load you will see there is no dungeon drawn. If I load your mod after I map the dungeon, the game reading the map file from my save works, the bug seams when it draws the map not reads the map that's all ready drawn.
Attachments
SAVE2.7z
(263.84 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Well, this save loaded up fine with only the minimap mod enabled. This means there is an issue on your end.

I'm downloading and loading up the Archie mod now to see if this is causing it.

We may have some other mods causing this problem. You didn't mention you had NPCHealth indicator mod or Enhanced Sky Mod or Distant Terrain Mod. All of these may be causing the issue. My first hunch, if it isn't archie mod is the NPCHealth indicator mod. Probably not the last two, since it works in towns for you you say.

Also, if I could get a save with the archie mod enabled

Keep you updated.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Well, I just loaded all your mods into my editor build and ran the minimap without an issue. I'm going to compile it and run it in the stand alone the same way.

Right now though, it is appearing this is an issue on your computer. What version of DFU are you running?

cloudydaggerfall

Im using the latest DF Unity from the website. I'll upload a save file with just your mod and archie. Even with a fresh install from DFU with just compass mod i'm still getting the same issue. When I did a fresh install of DFU i deleted both the DFU folder and the folders in AppData. Do you know of a third place the files are kept?

cloudydaggerfall

Here is a save file with just Archie and Compass. This is a new save with just those two mods. I'm starting to think the error might be Vortex installer so I'll try manually doing everything and get back to you.

Edit: Save 3 has Archy and Compass. Save 4 is just Compass. Save 3 was 0.12.1 DFU version while Save 4 is 0.12.2 DFU version.

edit 2: Manually installing compass as the only mod, instead of using vortex, ended with the same bug.
Attachments
SAVE4.7z
(180.97 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
SAVE3.7z
(203.76 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

This is so weird, because no matter what I do, I can't replicate your issue. My builds actually fix the bug when I load it into my games, which is even weirder and to me a sign it has something to do with your specific setup.

I don't know if it is an install path issue. It it was and the textures weren't in the right place, I wouldn't imagine any of the compass art would load, and you have the golden outline. You just don't have the canvas to overlay the camera render on. I also don't think it is an install issue because it wouldn't work in towns for you.

I'm little bit lose here on what is causing this.

The one interesting thing I did notice about the logs you sent is I don't see my mod startup log message or references to starting the mod. Maybe something is happening when it is trying to load the mod? I'm just kind of guessing now. I will drop a new release as soon as I can, and we can see if that fixes it. I'm just doing some last optimization coding, and because I'm busy, it is taking forever to finish it.

cloudydaggerfall

Thank you for your effort. I will await patiently for new release to see how it goes.