[MOD] l3lessed Enchanted Compass

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] l3lessed Enchanted Compass

Post by King of Worms »

Hi sry not at my pc. Never said its not working, I was asking. Just have no idea how to open it. Where do you state u need to doubletap keypad -? Deffinitely not in the mod options... I pressed any key on my KB and it did not open, so from there my guess and question came, if its still ingame. Double tap of a - is not something ppl will realize to do by accident.

PS: ok now I see its at the last spot at the wall of text on nexus :D

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

No problem. Sorry it wasn't clearly labelled. Good observation. I'll update both nexus, the readme for the mod, and this forum clearly stating the smart key input system. The smart input was like this in the prior release also.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yup, good idea 👍 if the mod settings had the keys stated in (or even able to redefine if thats easy to do?) It would be ideal. Thats where I was looking for some info. Readme as well😊

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Okay, 3.5 Update is going up tomorrow.

What is in this update?
  • Reworked the UI Objects Anchor System: Objects now use anchor positions, not screen positions, so resolution and screen sizes shouldn't matter. The compass should always maintain its place on the screen, no matter size or position it is in.
  • Draggable Compass Feature Added: You can click on the compass with your mouse, when the magical scroll is open, and slowly drag it around. Once you let go of the mouse, it will keep its position, including between saved games.
  • Added Mod Setting For Smart View: You can now adjust when the smart view setting switches between building labels and icons in mod settings. Defaults to 80.
BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed Building Icon Disabled Bug: You can disable building icons again with the soul search toggle setting.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

VERSION 3.5 IS UP ON NEXUS!

More mod settings, customizable minimap background, optimizations, and a bug fix.

The biggest addition, outside all the added optimizations, is you can now customize the background of your minimap viewport. Before, it would be completely clear when in an interior, showing only the building area. Now, you can turn on a background texture or not. On top of that, you can customize the color, transparency level, and brightness of this background. These settings will also apply to the background texture if you have it enabled, so you can technically shift the color, brightness, and transparency level of the background texture too. If you enable the texture and don't go with a straight color fill background, I recommend keeping it white at 50% brightness, or the default gear texture becomes to distracting.

However, please play with, change out, and customize the background texture as much as you want and share your textures here for others to use.

Check out the nexus page for specifics and the download.

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/233

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Version 3.6 Is Dropping Now

Every time I think I am done with this, some one points out something, and here I am at it again.

Mostly bug fixes and mod compatibility fix.
  • Added a null checker on NPC marker scripts. If the NPC is destroyed or any of the script objects magically get destroyed, the script will automatically clear itself out to hopefully stop reported random markers not working and breaking the mod.
  • Added a time scale change checker. If any mod or the user changes the Time.scale, it will clear out all marker buildings and disable the minimap. This is to ensure no bugs or issues happen when travel mods activate and modify timescale for realistic fast travel.
  • Added mod setting to choose how often a npc marker state is checked and updated based on the user settings for npc markers. Defaults to every .3 seconds. Decreasing this will make npc markers pop up on the minimap faster, but will take more cpu calls and thus frames. Increase this if having FPS issues on your system.
  • Fixed the rain droplets to scale properly. Accidently setup the wrong size and scaling code. Now it is set to its proper 96X96 size, and then the code uses the scale property to adjust its size.
  • Fixed quest indicator turning green, even if an active quest wasn't in the players current location. Quest indicator and bearings should not show until you move into the location with the active quest.
  • Fixed blood dripping down unrealistically fast.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

One more fix was released.

Fixed a remaining bug screwing up the npc markers when not in realistic view mod, and cleaned up some unneeded/bad textures left over from previous versions.

Grab it from nexus.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

3.75 Dropped Last Night

One code change, but it should speed up town generation in a noticeable way.
  • Moved the building mesh material update code out of the main script and into the individual building marker script instances. Now, when towns are generated, the bottleneck caused by a single script trying to update each marker material is removed limiting generation speed to whatever your cpu can handle.
  • This also fixed the building colors not updating when changing them in the scroll. It also sped up the marker color change and removed that slight delay caused by a single script trying to loop through every marker mesh and update them (Keep in mind each mesh itself has like 7+ materials to update).

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great progress. Can the frozen effect be slowly faded out when u enter any building? It was suggested in my last post.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Let me see why this isn't working. Does it work in any buildings? I'm curious, because I see the code in the frost effect script. It should be working. I'll dig more though.

Also, 3.8 is about to drop. It is the last optimizations I can do to remove any CPU bottle necks. On my latest playthrough on my work computer, the profiler is showing my DFU being GPU bound finally. This mod is so CPU light at this point, even my crappy dell work computer can crunch it, have spare CPU cycles, and find itself waiting on the GPU to catch up; We want to be GPU bound, as the mod is not GPU intensive compared to the CPU costs. Playing the stand alone, this will be even more pronounced because the editor itself already is a cpu hog.

Version 3.8
  • Rebuilt how marker materials are being handled. Went from assigning each their own material to creating a dictionary to hold a material for each marker type, and then assign the material to the marker through the dictionary. This ensures the engine goes from loading dozens to hundreds of material shaders into your GPU memory (each marker was assigned its own material shader in the GPU memory) to the engine only having to load into the gpu memory and manage 8 material shaders. This freed up tons of wasted GPU Memory.
  • I took a new approach for loading new cells which I learned from Travel Options mod when I dug into their code. Tied the location update code to the base engine map pixel routine call. This removed a large chunk of cell checking code from the update loop, which had it running every frame, and put it into a routine that will only get called when a map pixel change is detected. This freed up more CPU cycles/frames.
  • Indoor frost code fix. Frost effect will now fade away properly when indoors. The fade away timer will go twice as fast as the default fade in timer.
With these last code optimizations, there isn't much more to do. The only thing that can be improved is downsizing all textures to a 512X512 or 756X756 to free up more GPU/texture memory. With how the mod canvas system works now, you should be able to apply any texture size without distortion, as long as you do it at a 1x1 ratio and stay above 512X512. So far, in my testing, the textures don't go above 512X512, so anything above that shouldn't show any distortion upon full screening it.

*EDIT*
Found the frost code causing said issue. Fixed it. Pushing with 3.8 update.