Jay_H's Random Little Quests

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Jay_H's Random Little Quests

Post by Jay_H »

I've extended the timer to 26 hours instead of 15, and have added many more "dud" events (which means nothing happens this time). Further, I did the "no tavern" fix and the duplicate fix recommended by Cliffworms. You've all been a great help, thank you.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably want to extend that to any Fighters Guild as well since people sleep there, and maybe shops as well. And we can't even deal with owning your own house for now...

EDIT: For some reason "shop" isn't a valid parameter in the quest editor for a location. I thought it was a valid place name.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Um, in the new update I think you forgot to zip them up in a questpack folder. It's just the loose quest files in a zip-file.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Very likely! I'm handling like 5 different mods here with different structures, this was sure to happen :D Thanks Ralzar.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm calling this a released mod. I've added a bunch of new events that I think balance it out, and I'm not getting new bug reports now. I think this is good enough for the general public?

If you stay indoors at night, there's nothing in this mod that'll pose any danger to you. Beware, taxes are now implemented within the cities! (They don't cost much.)

RLQ will now trigger in cities, hamlets, and villages. That means tavernhomes and templehomes are exempt.

I've changed to a flat 1/3 chance of triggering an event per day, no matter how many possibilities there are. The events are divided by season.

I want to add much more in the future, so this is just a basic release.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

One of the events is a merchant who needs a loan. This loan is consistently 341 gold each time. Maybe randomize this to make it feel less like the same event each time?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I added a lesser one for 152 gold too :P

The limitation there is that I have to define a gold amount; I can't choose from a range. So I'll probably make about 10 of these and mix them in. (Probably should've done that before release, really.)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hey, then you can make a few variants. I can even imagine one being "Haha! You fool" as the scammer runs away :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:59 pm Hey, then you can make a few variants. I can even imagine one being "Haha! You fool" as the scammer runs away :D
Spoiler!
This just means you haven't gotten the bad ending. You won't always get paid back
;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've implemented 10 different loan amounts now. The new version will be on Nexus when it's finished uploading. Thanks Ralzar.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Can't you create an item of gold in a range using

Item _loan_ gold range 250 to 750

or whatever you need the range?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods