[MOD] Illusory Decoy spell

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Just added an Illusory Decoy spell mod over at Nexusmods.

Rather than summon a real creature to fight for you, the spell summons an illusory foe to distract your opponents.

The decoy can be used to entice creatures out into the open, or serve as a distraction to prevent them from attacking the caster.

The decoy form is determined by your character's highest language skills; the decoy could potentially be a flyer or a swimmer, depending on location.

A language check is performed every round to maintain a convincing illusion, and there are bonuses for caster Personality and Willpower attributes.

The decoy's ability to attract foes also depends on the caster's Personality attribute.

The source code for the mod is on Github.

Last edited by DunnyOfPenwick on Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

DunnyOfPenwick

Request to move 'Illusory Decoy Spell' Mod to Released Mods

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

n/t

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Well, I merged the two topics together and moved them, but they now carry the name of your request rather than your mod. I don't see an obvious way to fix the topic title. If you do, please do so ;)

DunnyOfPenwick

Re: [MOD] Illusory Decoy spell

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Well, I managed to fix it by editing the title of the first post. There must be logic in there to automatically check for changes to first post title and cascade to the topic.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Ah, very nice. A Daggerfall Holoduke! 8-)

I have yet to play the game, being more busy modding it, but I have it downloaded for the next time I continue playing.

Thank you for this. :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Are you planning a spell collection mod with your new spells in one package, or will you keep them separate? I was thinking you could have settings to enable & disable each individual spell.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Yes, if I add any more spells I will probably attempt to package them up as 'Dunny's Spells' or something like that to keep down on the number of installs/downloads. But right now there is just the 2 spells.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

...or I could package all my mods together (including Delver Compass), since they tend to be small. When I create another mod I'll definitely consider that...

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Cliffworms wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:37 pm Ah, very nice. A Daggerfall Holoduke! 8-)

I have yet to play the game, being more busy modding it, but I have it downloaded for the next time I continue playing.

Thank you for this. :D
It works best for tricky characters (Nightblade types), as it requires concentration.
It is probaby of less use to pure Mage types because casting another spell will likely destroy the illusion.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

My character being a bard, that spell will fit him perfectly. I tend to run from fights too and I can see the use of this spell against difficult foes.