[MOD] Detailed City Walls

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
risk

Re: [MOD] Detailed City Walls

Post by risk »

is there any reason we can't sleep in people's houses and buildings like this?

from a roleplaying aspect, i wouldn't mind sleeping in an empty house as an adventurer - makes more sense than sleeping in a dungeon. also if i had a 'lock' spell i'd certainly use it to keep people out when i'm squatting lol (see my 'resting and consequences' thread haha)

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

That would be the way the code is done for to determine in which places the PC can sleeps. In cities, guildhalls, taverns and pc homes are the only places where it's possible.

Since interior NPCs can't react to your presence in their homes, sleeping in their beds would make renting a room useless.

risk

Post by risk »

that makes sense! =p

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Any chance we get the Gate Towers back? They looked really good :X

Btw Ive finalized some wooden textures in DREAM so it looks proper while your mod is enabled
http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... start=2310

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Unfortunately not yet. I tried doing it with Blender, with which I have no experience, but to no avail. I was linked to a tutorial for replacing textures on the towers' model, but it was for an older version of Blender. The path to change textures seems to have been changed a lot as I was lost. I'll have to try another go at it.

This said, you can keep the gate towers by using the mod's first version found in the Old Files on the Nexus page. There haven't been other changes in the current version other than the removal of the gate towers.

It's especially useful if you don't plan on entering the 3 main quest castles or if you don't use mods that adds dungeons in other cities. :)

The texture looks great!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Download on Daggerfall Unity Nexus

Detailed City Walls has been updated to version 1.1, which I decided to name the "Bannerlord" update. Its main feature is the addition of regional banners and tapestries on the walls of all the capital cities of the Iliac Bay. The heraldic designs have been designed by NikitaTheTanner and adapted in Daggerfall's aesthetic by Ninelan. You will need Ninelan's Daggerfall Expanded Textures in order to use Detailed City Walls from now on.

Here's the full, but pretty short, changelog :

- Added Ninelan's regional banners to all of the capital cities.
- Guards inside the walls of capital cities with a knightly order will belong to it.
- Some of Wayrest's guards inside the walls wear the heraldry on their armor.

Enjoy!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Well, another update again. I forgot to remove an untextured gate tower at one of the city gates. Please download the newest version to fix that. Thank you. :)