Kab's Unleveled Spells

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
risk

Re: Kab's Unleveled Spells

Post by risk »

i see.. i also noticed skilled spells factored in willpower to the maximum caster level - is there a way of using willpower in the equation? for both effect and rolls..

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

If you've downloaded 0.2.1, you must update to 0.2.2. 0.2.1 does not work at all.
0.2.2 should work as 0.2.1 was advertised.

darkedone02

Post by darkedone02 »

I see you kinda incorporated the idea of basic magic Regan in your mod, but not as customizable to our playstyle which is sad.

Kab the Bird Ranger

I tell myself people looking for customization can still use Basic Magic Regen. I might add some in the future, but at the same time, I don't think too much gameplay customization is helpful for people looking for a "balanced" experience, or at least one that people have tried and find playable. I guess that's what presets are for.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Fixed those typos for next release.

It's not gonna come out until the next DFU release, so I hope these lines aren't too much of an issue for now.

kiskoller

Post by kiskoller »

darkedone02 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:30 am After trying this out without the skilled spells mod along with it, I do enjoy it... I even enjoy it more with the way enchanting works too. This make playing a pure mage along with the basic mana regen mod more fun to play. Problem however is the enemy resistance save throwing my spells.
Mighty Magick overwrites the resistance formula so that destruction spells are never fully resisted, just partially.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Hi Kab,

I'm working on Hotkey Bar v0.8, and I'm wondering if this mod is conflicting with mine somehow. I came across a weird bug which means that you can reduce the armour value of your character by equipping/removing magical shields.

The only mod I have installed for this video is Unlevelled Spells:

This was tested on DFU v12.3 and Unlevelled Spells v0.2.4.

Disabling Unlevelled Spells fixes this issue, no idea why though, could it be because they are magical shields and it's casting a spell when equipping?

Also notice that the paper doll portrait doesn't update with the shield in the left hand straight away

I've attached the save game either way, and code for Hotkey Bar 0.8 is updated on my github: https://github.com/Macadaynu/dfunity-mo ... hotkey-bar if you need it

Thanks
Attachments
SAVE109.rar
(419.53 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Kab the Bird Ranger

I've found the source of the issue, but the problem was in DFU. I sent a pull request to DFU here: https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/2247

It should be fixed on the next version after this is accepted.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Will hopefully be through the 0.13 preview stage in another week. I'll start merging new PRs again after that.