[MOD] Skill Books

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
domlesombre

Re: [MOD] Skill Books

Post by domlesombre »

hello
The mod is really good and seams quite balanced, which is a real pleasure. Scratching each dark corners of dusty libraries then spending 2 to 3 hours each night before going to bed, reading and learning is a really neat idea.

Yet something is surpising me: the 80000 price of the high tier magic tome (or tablet) and the fact you can sell those (and all the books) in pawn shop and not in library. I am level 7 and i already have 350000 gold sleeping in my bank at the moment :o
Wouldn't the normal price 8000 instead of 80000 (it would be the same price ratio than low/advance normal book (1500/2500), low tablet price being 4000). And why make them sellable in pawnshop and not in library?

Anyway, the mod is really great, thanks :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Haha, yeah. That was a mistype on my part. It should be a 0 less there.
I am working on an update to this mod that will include a price adjustment for several of the books :)

BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM

Post by BeeTLe BeTHLeHeM »

I like this mod, I think it's a good feature that fits the balance of the game.

I've an issue, and I need confirmation - I'm not sure the issue is related to your mod only, maybe there's a conflict with another mod (I have several active mods actually), and I'm trying to understand the situation.

I suppose the item on the center-left in the following image is the tome from your mod - is this right?
dfu-tome-issue.png
dfu-tome-issue.png (14.04 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
When I pickup the item, it is described as "Tome of Arcane Knowledge", but then when I select it has no more description (game keeps displaying the description of the last item selected before it). At this point the item is completely unresponsive to any inventory action - I can't even move it to the ground (once I managed to move it on the cart but I can't do it anymore).

As I said, if this item is from your mod, probably there is some type of conflict, I need the confirmation so I can be sure that this mod is one of the parts involved in the issue and I can attempt to discover the other.

Thanks!

domlesombre

Post by domlesombre »

Glad i was able to help :)

realakp

Post by realakp »

I had the same issue with Tome of Arcane Knowledge, but strangely it does not occur with Enhanced Item List unticked in DFU options.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Skill Books updated to v1.0.2

If you still experienced bugged books, please make a save, zip it and upload it to a post here.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hi Ralzar,

I think I may have found another possible bug, not sure if related to this mod specifically or if it is a more generic one.

Basically I noticed that if you keep a Skill Book on your wagon and you use it from there, it never consumes. Or better, it consumes until you get the message "the book is so old that becomes unreadable" but never disappears from the inventory, making its usage potentially endless.

Not a critical thing but I'm telling this just in case you may want to have a look

Thanks again!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

andromacus wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:01 am Basically I noticed that if you keep a Skill Book on your wagon and you use it from there, it never consumes. Or better, it consumes until you get the message "the book is so old that becomes unreadable" but never disappears from the inventory, making its usage potentially endless.
Nice catch. I always play with Realistic Wagon so reading a book from the wagon inventory never came up.

v1.0.3 released

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, I need to take a lookat the water refilling code. I tried fixing something a while back that I think causes it to trogger during loads and time skips.