[MOD] Skill Books

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Skill Books

Post by Ralzar »

v1.0.4 released. Should fix any bugs with Tomes Of Arcane Knowledge

fruitsnack

Post by fruitsnack »

There seems to be a small overlook, when the skill is too high and the starting books can't teach you anymore, it still says "this book is too advanced for you". Maybe it'd be better with a different message like "There's nothing more you can learn from this book".

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

fruitsnack wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:16 am There seems to be a small overlook, when the skill is too high and the starting books can't teach you anymore, it still says "this book is too advanced for you". Maybe it'd be better with a different message like "There's nothing more you can learn from this book".
Huh, yeah that seems like a bit of an oversight on my part :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.0.5

-Bug fix for reading too basic books.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.0.6

Adjusted drop chances

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Could books and tomes be made to act like equipped enchanted items?

Mostly for magelike characters, they carry a holy tome in a dungeon to make their spells stronger or cost less. The item deteriorates quickly from use. Or it could be equipped when carrying a staff, like a classic mage

or, carrying a book about ingredients increases your drop chances, mimicking being able to spot them thanks to the reference manual you have.

And of course carrying a language book increases language skills passively for a short time. If you are going through a giant stronghold as a pacifist or w/e having a Giants dictionary handy is really nice

Maybe this is redundant

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm. That is outside this mods scope, but I like the idea. I actually did this mechanic allready for my Skulduggery mod: When you get access to the Thieves Guild fence, he sells you thief equipment that you equip in the jewelry slots. While equipped, they give you skill buffs like lockpicks giving a buff to lockpicking skill etc.

Something I considered back when I did this mod was scrolls. Which would be some kind of short term knowledge item. Thing is, that would be a mage thing and the game is allready so filled with content for mages while so under developed for everyone else I never went any further with it :D
If anything scrolls might have been for some major magic overhaul where you would need to find/buy scrolls to create/learn spells. Instead of just being free to buy whatever you want from the mages guild.