[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.42b)

Post by Hazelnut »

Maybe this doesn't react regardless of model. Did you try without mods? DFU tries to follow the same rules as classic, which TBH I don't understand. (Allofich reverse engineered 'em)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:11 pm I added reading books at libraries last year, and reading in guilds (e.g. Mages) was added when guilds first went in.

It's triggered from the id of the model clicked on so no idea what would stop it working with a replacement mod since that doesn't affect the model id.
I need to see the prefab in the Editor to be sure, but i believe the issue is that these bottles are, for some reason, the parent gameobject, which is imported by Asset-Injection and on which loot components are added during building setup. If the other meshes are part of children gameobjects, hit detection doesn't retrieve these components. The solution is to reorganize the prefab so that the wood part and/or the books are assigned directly to the meshrenderer of the parent.
Last edited by TheLacus on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:08 pm Maybe this doesn't react regardless of model. Did you try without mods? DFU tries to follow the same rules as classic, which TBH I don't understand. (Allofich reverse engineered 'em)
Oh yes, there's no problem at all with the vanilla container. One of the problems with containers in this mod is that the model is sometimes much bigger than the vanilla one. See the example below, where the mod makes the two large wardrobes protrude in front of a door (which it was still possible to use). Some of the models are bigger in all 3 dimensions, so, being a non-dev and non-modder, my stupid question is whether the front of the model is literally hiding Allofich's co-ordinates for activating the container?
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (266.07 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
By the way, I am still using this mod for now; to get at the hundreds of potion ingredients I had stored in those shelves, I had to switch the mod off temporarily and move the stuff out. But I do think the graphics are worth it.
Last edited by Prester Lewin on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

About the household container (alchemy shelf unit) I pictured earlier in this thread. I just realised that, with this mod active, it has gone from being a solid 3D object to simply a texture shell I can walk through like a flat. I assume that means I can click on it until my mouse wears out, I won't find a hot spot. Other containers in the same house remain solid objects, it's just this one.

The wardrobes I pictured are also now just hollow shells. Switch the mod off, I bump into them, switch it on, they are wardrobe wraiths. No part of the original solid object remains.

idl

Post by idl »

This mod crashes my game. I tried disabling every other mod except this. Tried moving my character out of town into the wilderness. Tried using only Main and using only Buildings, still crashed the same.

I load save file, it says "Loading Game" then the music starts and the game crashes to desktop. This is in Linux (Ubuntu 18.04), this is the only mod I've had a problem with and sadly the one I want the most :cry:

pango

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, idl!
idl wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:27 pm This mod crashes my game. I tried disabling every other mod except this. Tried moving my character out of town into the wilderness. Tried using only Main and using only Buildings, still crashed the same.

I load save file, it says "Loading Game" then the music starts and the game crashes to desktop. This is in Linux (Ubuntu 18.04), this is the only mod I've had a problem with and sadly the one I want the most :cry:
Yup, I already reported the issue
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

arkhiel

Post by arkhiel »

Hello there :);

Very interested by your mod (barely played daggerfall before discovering the unity version ^^ ), I cannot however interact with the book/skull shelf in stores(occurs only when activating your mod). Dunno yet if other active stuff is affected.
With last version of daggerfall unity and last version of your mod (well, the one in front page).

(BTW if other hands are needed to make some missing models, i made some stuff on 3dsmax for another game, not a pro but could still do some stuff ^^).
EDIT : oopsy, had read most of the topic but didn't see it was adressed

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Unfortunately, AlexanderSig has been on hiatus for some time.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

arkhiel

Post by arkhiel »

I can understand ^^ . Is there a tutorial about replacing a sprite with an actual model ?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

There's a primer to the modding system here. The models & flats page of guide has a little more information about flats specifically.

Some trial and error is usually needed at the start, but it's fortunately not too difficult to replace flats with models and package these changes into a mod.

If you get stuck, make a new topic outlining your problems and one of the more experienced modders should be able to help. :)