[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
arkhiel

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.42b)

Post by arkhiel »

Oh congrats too then! he's even younger than mines (almost 8 week old now) ^^
Yup about vegetation, the grass mod already adds so much. I'll need to figure a really optimized model though, trees can be somewhat bigger to load.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Haven't got much time for it (new daddy of twins :) )
Outch, welcome to the club. You're in for a few turbulent years with not much time left over for anything, I can tell you that...

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@arkhiel: Congrats on the twins !!!! Welcome to life with grit ;)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Eeee the diapers
Prepare for the magical Aroma my friend
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Still working, no issues.

Only thing, those Stone altar things with the skulls on them, sometimes they're in the air, and stuff can spawn inside them if they're supposed to be on top, like for a quest or whatever ( yeah I've seen it).
That's pretty much it...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

GoodKarma

Post by GoodKarma »

i have missing geometry.. is this your mod??

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15sige9 ... sp=sharing

there should be things (like tables) here..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/185u76b ... sp=sharing

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

I wouldn't mind releasing source files, I'd love it if someone continued working on this. I would however like to have the option to veto some additions if I don't feel they are of high enough quality.

I would really like it if replacing models worked like replacing textures, it would be much easier for a community to work on a project like this.

A few questions
1) If I was going to re-build the mod what version of Unity do I use?
2) Could someone compile all the bugs present in the mod? If you can include model IDs that's a big help.

I've figured out the problem with clicking bookshelves, should be very easy to fix

Congrats on the twins :)

pango

Post by pango »

Hi AlexanderSig,
AlexanderSig wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:52 pm 1) If I was going to re-build the mod what version of Unity do I use?
I think Interkarma decided around last October that the target Unity version for Daggerfall Unity 1.0 would be Unity 2018.2.11f1. (announcement)
And can you please compile your mod for the different platforms? (Windows/OSX/Linux)
That's most likely why I only ever got crashes with this mod. I was such a noob about Unity when I did that report :D
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

pango wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:57 pm Hi AlexanderSig,
AlexanderSig wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:52 pm 1) If I was going to re-build the mod what version of Unity do I use?
I think Interkarma decided around last October that the target Unity version for Daggerfall Unity 1.0 would be Unity 2018.2.11f1. (announcement)
And can you please compile your mod for the different platforms? (Windows/OSX/Linux)
That's most likely why I only ever got crashes with this mod. I was such a noob about Unity when I did that report :D
Thanks, will do. Hopefully that will be enough to solve the issue.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

AlexanderSig wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:52 pm 2) Could someone compile all the bugs present in the mod? If you can include model IDs that's a big help.
Sadly, I don't have any ID numbers, and I'm not a comprehensive list at all, but there are a few I've noticed.

1. I do have an old pic for the crypt similar to what Midknightprince mentioned, I'll put it at the bottom of the post, but I'm not 100% if that is due to this mod.
2. Store shelves are weirdly finicky to click and go into the store menus. It seems like you need to click on specific items or spots of the frame to bring up the menu or it won't happen.
3. Clicking the FIghters Guild while in info mode won't register at all unless you click on the door.
Attachments
DagUniMarch2018.jpg
DagUniMarch2018.jpg (85.92 KiB) Viewed 1391 times