[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kokey

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83c)

Post by Kokey »

Do these replacements have LODs? The performance impact in the outside is rather big.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Kokey wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:41 pm Do these replacements have LODs? The performance impact in the outside is rather big.
They are low poly already... Not sure further reducing the polycount is something feasible

Kokey

Post by Kokey »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:52 am
Kokey wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:41 pm Do these replacements have LODs? The performance impact in the outside is rather big.
They are low poly already... Not sure further reducing the polycount is something feasible
Sure, but loading a lot of low poly objects at a distance eats unneeded performance, which LODs are for. Checking the objects I can sure say that even they deserve LODs (if not present, which I think it is the case). Inside dungeons and houses it is very good, but outside bigger cities you can already feel the impact.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Kokey wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:22 pm
King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:52 am
Sure, but loading a lot of low poly objects at a distance eats unneeded performance, which LODs are for. Checking the objects I can sure say that even they deserve LODs (if not present, which I think it is the case). Inside dungeons and houses it is very good, but outside bigger cities you can already feel the impact.
Tried to get LODs working a while ago but couldn't, not sure if it's due to my lack of experience or if some groundwork needs to be done in Daggerfall Unity. In the meantime try disabling the buildings portion of the mod to improve performance outside. :)

Kokey

Post by Kokey »

I actually prefer to disable other stuff to be honest, the models are too good XD

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Alexander mate :) Will you get back to modeling some day? There is still one hanging lantern missing. And the old bug with shadows on these pillars.
Spoiler!
last light.jpg
last light.jpg (336.36 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
DaggerfallUnity 2019-11-17 04-40-38.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2019-11-17 04-40-38.jpg (959.39 KiB) Viewed 1382 times

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:36 am Hi Alexander mate :) Will you get back to modeling some day? There is still one hanging lantern missing. And the old bug with shadows on these pillars.
Hey mate, sorry for the absence, have been busy with work. Will try to get back to the project once I find time but not sure when that will be. In any case if there is ever a major compatibility issue with the mod due to a new update then I promise to fix that as soon as possible. I have written down these bugs on a to-do list :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

AlexanderSig wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:04 pm
King of Worms wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:36 am Hi Alexander mate :) Will you get back to modeling some day? There is still one hanging lantern missing. And the old bug with shadows on these pillars.
Hey mate, sorry for the absence, have been busy with work. Will try to get back to the project once I find time but not sure when that will be. In any case if there is ever a major compatibility issue with the mod due to a new update then I promise to fix that as soon as possible. I have written down these bugs on a to-do list :)
No worries mate, best wishes to you 😊 I think without you, there wont be any DREAM mod now, u gave me that needed push at start 😉

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:11 pm
AlexanderSig wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:04 pm
No worries mate, best wishes to you 😊 I think without you, there wont be any DREAM mod now, u gave me that needed push at start 😉
Thanks man, you've done some great work too :)

I looked into the issue with the brazier shadows and fixed it up tonight ;)

P.s. sorry for not having DREAM installed just did a fresh install hehe

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nice! 😊