[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
KovuCougar

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10) - UPDATE Oct 2020

Post by KovuCougar »

Malfal wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:59 am Holy cr@p! This perfectly describes my experience travelling east into my chosen homebase of Cromwych Hill, Daggerfall. When travelling along the road, I just get pushed to the right as if by an invisible wall...eventually I get to the edge of the invisible wall and can get back to the road, but I was never able to figure out why. Huh :-)

I've experienced it at other cities too, but I would have to travel around a bit to remember which ones.
Well, that explains this oddness! Thanks for the post. Been trying to figure out what the heck was going on!

DFU 0.12.1
Handpainted models 2.10

And to think, I actually came here to check on any information regard perpetually open city gates after figuring out it seemed to be this mod doing it. :lol:

haloterm

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10) - UPDATE Oct 2020

Post by haloterm »

AlexanderSig wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:51 am @Hazelnut

Thanks, I guess I messed up the scale on that object when I was updating the walls for the last patch. Probably won't be hard to fix this :)
Hey, do you know if you could provide a hotfix for this issue some time? I love your mod, but this issue is a bit problematic ;)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

haloterm wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:26 am
AlexanderSig wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:51 am @Hazelnut

Thanks, I guess I messed up the scale on that object when I was updating the walls for the last patch. Probably won't be hard to fix this :)
Hey, do you know if you could provide a hotfix for this issue some time? I love your mod, but this issue is a bit problematic ;)
Yes, sorry for the lateness.

Download hotfix here, I haven't tested this so let me know how it works: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
pango wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:57 am Hi AlexanderSig,

They're collider issues with the latest version of coffins, I saw a streamer getting stuck trying to go inside an upright one, and experienced an issue that's probably just a variant of the same in the Mantellan Crux, because in one place (in front of the "inca temple") you're supposed to be able to jump on one:
Screenshot.jpg

If you try that with the handpainted model you get stuck, and the coffin doesn't move up and down as it should.
Each time I crouch then stand up, I also get deeper inside the model, until I fall thru...
Tried to fix this by making the collision box for the coffin exactly the same as the original. You no longer fall through the coffin but it does not move as it should. Seems there is some other script attached there that I do not know how to reproduce. Any help would be appreciated.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Good u back. This mod will need a rebuild for 0.13 linear light most likely.

Also. Do u remember the talk about the bright signs we had? 😉

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

AlexanderSig wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:19 am Download hotfix here, I haven't tested this so let me know how it works: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Awesome, thank you! Currently playing in vanilla look partly because of that bug (but also because some other awesome mods do not exist in DREAM hi-res style), but I will surely get tired of that low-res look again at some point, and then your mod is a very important addition and therefore I am really happy you fixed this :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:38 am Good u back. This mod will need a rebuild for 0.13 linear light most likely.

Also. Do u remember the talk about the bright signs we had? 😉
How about this? Bottom is new. Link: https://i.imgur.com/BeTUmmA.png

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Much better! If there are any signs/posts which were as bright as this one used to be, same treatment would help em as well 😊 thank you

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

I've fixed all the issues I can that have been reported in the past year here. Lamp light color included. Let me know if there are any other bugs or issues you have, will release a new version soon.

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

City walls look a bit off on 0.13
Great mod btw
Attachments
2021_09_24_20_06_27.jpg
2021_09_24_20_06_27.jpg (116.46 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Bug no.1 - DFU 0.13 linear light build

With handpainted models enabled, in the dungeon, the light sources shine thru the walls in a reflections.
Here u can see the light from a torch, which is in the next room. When I disable the mod, issue vanishes.

I THINK this might be caused by the incompatibility with linear build, and maybe just rebuilding your mod can solve it?

Here is the save file in this exact spot, so u can test it fast.
I will upload the (updated for linear build) textures part somewhere and sent u a link in a PM,
Let me know if u need any more info pls.
SAVE66.rar
(257.73 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (226.85 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.