[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jaiysaun

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by Jaiysaun »

Came across a mummy inside a cage that I couldn't seem to hit. He could hit me, though. Counted to 100 swings at different angles to see if my accuracy was just too low, then deactivated the mod and was able to hit it inside the old cage without a problem.
Didn't have an area spell to check if I could hit it with that.

mtrredux

Post by mtrredux »

Worghern wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:31 pm Image

Guaranteed atmosphere Reshade 4.3.0 (5780x1080)
Amazing how did you do this?

mtrredux

Post by mtrredux »

mtrredux wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:24 pm
Amazing how did you do this?
[/quote]
nvm I found the thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2242

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Minor note on the instructions bundled with the install package - the DFU option "Support for graphical mods" should be renamed "Mod System". :)

Also, is the "floating town fountains" bug still an issue, or did I somehow mess up my install/mod load order?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

mikeprichard wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:10 am Minor note on the instructions bundled with the install package - the DFU option "Support for graphical mods" should be renamed "Mod System". :)

Also, is the "floating town fountains" bug still an issue, or did I somehow mess up my install/mod load order?
some are still floating... maybe its because its actually two different models in vanila, and in dfu its replaced with one single model... so maybe it was corrected for just one of those models, and not the 2nd... no idea

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

OK, thanks - I guess Alex probably already knows about the issue, but in case, the small fountain is fine; it's the larger five-sided fountain that be flyin' (e.g. in the center of the market square in Burgwall, Daggerfall province).

I think another known issue is the strange reflectivity of stone surfaces, like sunlight reflecting off the outer city walls of Burgwall. But these are nitpicks - this mod will never leave my load order!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

mikeprichard wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:29 am OK, thanks - I guess Alex probably already knows about the issue, but in case, the small fountain is fine; it's the larger five-sided fountain that be flyin' (e.g. in the center of the market square in Burgwall, Daggerfall province).

I think another known issue is the strange reflectivity of stone surfaces, like sunlight reflecting off the outer city walls of Burgwall. But these are nitpicks - this mod will never leave my load order!
yup, I ended up not using the "buildings" part of the mod.. solves it ofc, and it reverts back to dream textures, which are not that bad ;)
when I had screen space reflections enabled, the fighters guild looked like a mirror :D so its a "bit off" lol

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I've disabled the treasure module because it was causing dungeon lag, plus I prefer 2D sprite loot than 3D anyway... but I've kept the other 2 for now. If anybody else is getting dungeon fps lag try disabling the loot module!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

emmathepony wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:53 pm I've disabled the treasure module because it was causing dungeon lag, plus I prefer 2D sprite loot than 3D anyway... but I've kept the other 2 for now. If anybody else is getting dungeon fps lag try disabling the loot module!
Are you doing main quest dungeons or really big ones?
Try Wayrest, or Daggerfall with Handpainted main (and actually go in the dungeon)..
I had to take it out for the main quest because it was going at like 15 fps, if that..
I am not talking about the treasure piles, I'm talking about the main one, it is to laggy in real big dungeonsto for me.
When you find a big one,you'll know, have you exp this ?

It seemed to start doing it when the candles and torches came in..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 am
mikeprichard wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:10 am Minor note on the instructions bundled with the install package - the DFU option "Support for graphical mods" should be renamed "Mod System". :)

some are still floating... maybe its because its actually two different models in vanila, and in dfu its replaced with one single model... so maybe it was corrected for just one of those models, and not the 2nd... no idea
Yeah that might be the issue, will keep trying to fix it. :)

Edit: managed to fix it finally, turns out I was just using the wrong scale/positioning for these models.
Midknightprince wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 pm
emmathepony wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:53 pm I've disabled the treasure module because it was causing dungeon lag, plus I prefer 2D sprite loot than 3D anyway... but I've kept the other 2 for now. If anybody else is getting dungeon fps lag try disabling the loot module!
Are you doing main quest dungeons or really big ones?
Try Wayrest, or Daggerfall with Handpainted main (and actually go in the dungeon)..
I had to take it out for the main quest because it was going at like 15 fps, if that..
I am not talking about the treasure piles, I'm talking about the main one, it is to laggy in real big dungeonsto for me.
When you find a big one,you'll know, have you exp this ?

It seemed to start doing it when the candles and torches came in..
Okay, I could try to optimize the particle effects of those models.

I write down all the bug reports in this thread on a to-do list, please keep them coming :)