[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Interkarma

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.42b)

Post by Interkarma »

I think what's happening here is that Cloud Build for Linux and Mac is using the latest 2018.1 version for Win & Linux releases, and latest 2018.2 for Mac. I had to bump the Mac versions specifically due to an error with Mac builds not yet back ported to 2018.1. This is different to the version used to build the mod package previously, resulting in pink materials.

To bring this back into alignment, I'm testing unifying all builds to Unity 2018.2.11f1 now. I'd like to sit here for a while, as Unity 2018.2 seems to have hit a good stable point. I'm not looking at updating to 2018.3 or later for some time.

I think all that should be required is to repackage your mod under Unity 2018.2.11f1 and it should work normally across the board in next round of builds. I'll try to communicate these build version changes better in future so mod creators don't have these issues unexpectedly.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

I noticed that libraries are not working when using this mod. You know, the book shops that don't actually sell anything, but where you can click on the shelves to get a list of books you can read for free.

With this mod installed, that list doesn't pop up when clicking on a shelf.

Enjoying it a lot otherwise, though!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

jedidia wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:41 pm I noticed that libraries are not working when using this mod. You know, the book shops that don't actually sell anything, but where you can click on the shelves to get a list of books you can read for free.

With this mod installed, that list doesn't pop up when clicking on a shelf.

Enjoying it a lot otherwise, though!
Can you do that stuff in vanilla DFU yet ?
I didnt think the libraries and the ones at mages guilds work yet, do they ?
I need to read the werewolf book...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I added reading books at libraries last year, and reading in guilds (e.g. Mages) was added when guilds first went in.

It's triggered from the id of the model clicked on so no idea what would stop it working with a replacement mod since that doesn't affect the model id.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

It's triggered from the id of the model clicked on so no idea what would stop it working with a replacement mod since that doesn't affect the model id.
Might have something to do with the click event not being registered for some reason with the new models, then.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I have trouble clicking on shelves with this mod. There's a strong tendency for a click to only register on certain specific parts of a shelf.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

such555

Post by such555 »

i can't get pass infinite loading screen in mac, as stated in readme file. whereever i go and try to save elsewhere it doesnt matter

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Re: not working shelves for libraries above, they *do* work, but only on a very specific and somewhat smallish area.
In explicit, you have to click on either of them green thingies:
shelves.jpg
shelves.jpg (350.13 KiB) Viewed 3121 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I pray for Alexander Sigs return :)
There are few things which should be relatively easy to do and bring nice results...

Like swapping the rest of the torches.
Some still stay vanilla (for ex in main castles) - it just needs to connect the new model to the old sprite somehow.

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

I love a lot of the models this mod introduces, but I still can't find any hot spot(s) for this container in my house. Obviously, it replaces a vanilla shelf unit containing potion bottles and ingredients.
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (228.08 KiB) Viewed 2864 times
I've read up about or found for myself hot spots on all the other containers I've encountered so far. I'm going to have to see if I can safely delete this one model from the mod. Either that or abandon use of the mod, which is a shame.