[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
iceking1200

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.43) - Updated february 2019

Post by iceking1200 »

oh i should clarify that its not all residences from my testing its like 30-50% of the residences in gothway gardens though in smaller areas like manors or pubs it can be around 70-80%.

added pictures to previous post.

pango

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.43) - Updated february 2019

Post by pango »

Hi iceking1200, welcome to the forums !
What version of Daggerfall Unity are you running?
If you could upload a Player Log after you reproduced the issue in game, it could be helpful to understand what's going on
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

iceking1200

Post by iceking1200 »

im on version 0.7.65 though i got the same issue on 0.7.36 and my log is here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WhgQ- ... B-zgnjPVml

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

AlexanderSig wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:27 pm
iceking1200 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:59 pm i'm getting a bug where i cant enter any residence including quest location residences when i have this mod enabled. I just get "this house has nothing of value".

Just tested it with a new install and with a save already in one of the houses both still say the same thing and i get a "this house has nothing of value" and a black screen when i try to load the game already in the house.
Weird, never heard of that happening. Anyone else having this issue?

Made some goblets.

This is on Windows 10, and it's random like every other house taverns to.

With the loading screen mod and this mod turned on you get an infinite load.

With everything else off and only this mod on you get messages when you try to go in it says there's nothing of value or something, same places...

The Shadows for the lanterns are all fixed I'm not seeing any funky Shadow stuff going on, all the torches on the walls seem to be aligned, those standing lanterns you did are like the best one so far, and you fix the lighting for everything ( played for a couple of days outside in dungeons Etc)..

For a guy who doesn't spend much time on this, it is pretty good if you ask me...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Win 7 x64 and latest version of DFU

Can confirm the mentioned "cant enter" bug...
I thought its a bug in DFU but when I disabled the latest version of this mod, it works all good...

(save is strange, I think the char is ill... just open console and type TGM for a god mode when u load it...)
SAVE5.rar
(191.53 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
PS: love the goblets! More models = more better! .) The lights pushed the game to next level for me,,

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

iceking1200 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:31 pm im on version 0.7.65 though i got the same issue on 0.7.36 and my log is here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WhgQ- ... B-zgnjPVml
Thank you for posting log. I can't see any exceptions, but there are several of the following:

Code: Select all

Texture atlas needs textures to have Readable flag set!

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Looked through the bugged houses and they all had ladders. Tried removing the ladder and rebuilding the mod and the crashing is gone. I hadn't made any recent changes to the ladder except change the collision box which I did for loads of other models. There was nothing unusual in the texture settings.

Then I tried re-importing the model and texture for the ladder (model ID 41409) and re-building and importing the prefab from scratch and now it's crashing again :(

It would be good to know what is causing this, I have close to 300 models in the mod and it's uncomfortable knowing that one of them could suddenly cause the mod to crash.

Also, shout out to TheLacus for fixing an issue with loading models that replace the treasure flats like the coin pile. It will be added to the next build of DFU.

Edit: seems to be fine after I switched to the old version of the ladder collision box. Will upload new version soon.

iceking1200

Post by iceking1200 »

hmm yeah i guess i never did see a house with a ladder while i had the mod enabled though i may have been in a house or two with the mod active but had ladders though they were default models for the ladder i just didn't think you had changed the ladders.

Edit: its getting late not sure if that even made any sense.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Sweet thank you !!
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 pm
iceking1200 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:31 pm im on version 0.7.65 though i got the same issue on 0.7.36 and my log is here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WhgQ- ... B-zgnjPVml
Thank you for posting log. I can't see any exceptions
They are not being printed when the "nothing of value" error message is shown. I'm going to submit a PR for this.

This is the exception thrown with kow save:

MissingComponentException: There is no 'MeshCollider' attached to the "DaggerfallMesh[Replacement][ID =41409]" game object, but a script is trying to access it.
You probably need to add a MeshCollider to the game object "DaggerfallMesh[Replacement][ID =41409]". Or your script needs to check if the component is attached before using it.
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallInterior.AddModels (DiscoveredBuilding buildingData) (at Assets/Scripts/Internal/DaggerfallInterior.cs:399)
DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallInterior.DoLayout (UnityEngine.Transform doorOwner, StaticDoor door, ClimateBases climateBase, DiscoveredBuilding buildingData) (at Assets/Scripts/Internal/DaggerfallInterior.cs:162)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerEnterExit.TransitionInterior (UnityEngine.Transform doorOwner, StaticDoor door, Boolean doFade, Boolean start) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/PlayerEnterExit.cs:633)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerEnterExit:TransitionInterior(Transform, StaticDoor, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/PlayerEnterExit.cs:638)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerActivate:TransitionInterior(Transform, StaticDoor, Boolean) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/PlayerActivate.cs:727)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.PlayerActivate:BuildingGreetingPopup_OnClose() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/PlayerActivate.cs:733)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow:RaiseOnCloseHandler() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/UserInterfaceWindow.cs:175)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow:CloseWindow() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/UserInterfaceWindow.cs:131)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallMessageBox:ParentPanel_OnMouseClick(BaseScreenComponent, Vector2) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallMessageBox.cs:422)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent:MouseClick(Vector2) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/BaseScreenComponent.cs:826)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent:Update() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/BaseScreenComponent.cs:628)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel:Update() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/Panel.cs:99)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow:Update() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/UserInterfaceWindow.cs:82)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallBaseWindow:Update() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallBaseWindow.cs:98)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallPopupWindow:Update() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallPopupWindow.cs:67)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallMessageBox:Update() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallMessageBox.cs:225)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI:Update() (at Assets/Scripts/Game/DaggerfallUI.cs:360)

// Make ladder collider convex
if (obj.ModelIdNum == ladderModelId)
{
    go.GetComponent<MeshCollider>().convex = true;
    go.AddComponent<DaggerfallLadder>();
}