[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83c)

Post by King of Worms »

These pillars still have bugged shadows.. and if possible, I would dial the fire intensity down a bit :)
DaggerfallUnity 2019-11-17 04-40-38.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2019-11-17 04-40-38.jpg (631.27 KiB) Viewed 2815 times

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

I have looked into an issue with loot piles created by players dropping items in the world: https://imgur.com/a/UipobXL

I think this may have to do with the origin on these models not being on the vertical base of the model but your Google Drive link is release 1.43 and does not contain these particular flat replacement models.

Would it be possible for you to release the source files for v1.83c as well?

I have found a 'fix' by changing the mesh replacement code somewhat but it's not backwards compatible with flats if someone decides (for reasons beyond me) to disable your replacement mod and I'd like to able to confirm wether this is a coding issue or if it needs to be addressed through the models themselves.

- edit

OK, I tested with a model of my own where I deliberately moved the origin to the middle of the model instead of at the base to rule out an incorrect origin on your replacements. Yours are fine, the model I made would always be placed incorrectly whereas yours are placed correctly. The problem lies in the code because AlignToBase is being called twice on player made loot piles.

That said, it would still be nice to have your source files updated but it's not necessary for tackling this issue.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

pango

Post by pango »

You can't hit enemies trapped into those cages, even if know you should be able to as long as you can aim at enemies between bars:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (263 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
I It works fine with classic models, so I suspect it's some issue with model's collider or something
Attachments
SAVE606.zip
(447.18 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I have noticed that there is one particular Fighter's Guild building (pictured below) that has been replaced in Handpainted Models - Buildings where using Info Mode on it doesn't identify it if you're pointing at the building itself. It only gets identified if you point specifically at the door.

I have seen this in a few other places but the place I remembered to make a note was the building in Gothway Garden, Daggerfall. You can go there to test this out.

pango

Post by pango »

XJDHDR wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:46 am I have noticed that there is one particular Fighter's Guild building (pictured below) that has been replaced in Handpainted Models - Buildings where using Info Mode on it doesn't identify it if you're pointing at the building itself. It only gets identified if you point specifically at the door.
That was reported by jayhova a while back: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=583&start=510#p28867
There has been no new release of this mod since then though
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I just noticed this a while ago - I didn't realize until I saw this just now that it was an issue with this mod. A minor issue, but would be nice to see this mod get more updates!

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Not sure if this has been reported but I've found another issue with this mod. If you're on top of a city's walls (only tried Daggerfall's cities so far), you can't climb down to the bottom. Instead, you can only go halfway before something stops you. In fact, you can jump to detach yourself from the wall and you'll land on something at that same point. It's like there is a small invisible platform sticking out of the wall halfway down.

pango

Post by pango »

XJDHDR wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:58 pm Not sure if this has been reported but I've found another issue with this mod. If you're on top of a city's walls (only tried Daggerfall's cities so far), you can't climb down to the bottom. Instead, you can only go halfway before something stops you. In fact, you can jump to detach yourself from the wall and you'll land on something at that same point. It's like there is a small invisible platform sticking out of the wall halfway down.
Yup, I did a bit over a year ago: viewtopic.php?p=21286#p21286
-- Charles Goodhart

Mind

Post by Mind »

Is there a way to disable light sources replacements? It seems like this mod is conflicting with Improved Interior Lighting causing some of the light sources to not emit light at all
Spoiler!
It's a bit dark on screenshots though. The difference is more noticeable ingame, where first screenshot is just pitch black

with this mod
2020_05_14_11_52_18.jpg
2020_05_14_11_52_18.jpg (124.54 KiB) Viewed 2040 times
without
2020_05_14_11_55_35.jpg
2020_05_14_11_55_35.jpg (131.48 KiB) Viewed 2040 times

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Has anyone had any issues with the treasure piles being invisible? Not sure if it's a load order issue or not, but I did see that someone on the nexus had the same issue as well.