[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
AlexanderSig

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.50)

Post by AlexanderSig »

Re-doing the fountain effects so it doesn't glow so much during the night.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

AlexanderSig wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:33 pm Image

Re-doing the fountain effects so it doesn't glow so much during the night.
This one has been bugging me. Thank you.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

AlexanderSig wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:33 pm Re-doing the fountain effects so it doesn't glow so much during the night.
This is the one big fix I've been hoping for since the first release - thanks!

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Thanks!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just a heads-up, I recently fixed a bug with action door model and texture selection for interiors.

Previously all interior action doors used model id 9800. With this fix, they will now fall between 9000-9005 (inclusive). The texture will now also support climate offset for desert, mountain, temperate, etc. to match classic interior doors.

I thought I should mention it in case you need to refactor anything in your mod after next release. :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

@Interkarma thanks for that bud.

Image Couldn't really figure out what the original mesh was trying to portray so i did it like this.

The new city walls will now only show up in appropriate locations

I was thinking about adding a glow effect to treasure piles for better visibility, thoughts?

pango

Post by pango »

AlexanderSig wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:31 am I was thinking about adding a glow effect to treasure piles for better visibility, thoughts?
Personally I prefer realistic looking assets; Classic Daggerfall has a low-fantasy flavor to it and usually tries to reach suspension of disbelief (I'm sure we can think of dubious cases, levitating torches etc, but hopefully you see what I mean).
So I'd go for some shiny/glittering for the metallic parts only (coins, swords, etc.)... but no arbitrary glow just because something is loot.

I don't think it's required for gameplay either, loot is usually not so difficult to spot, and half the time it materializes as a corpse anyway.
As an exception, it could sometime help if the quest item was easier to spot (like when you have to bring back some blood that just looks like a stain on the floor), but that would be up to the engine to make quest items stand out, say as a greenish outline, as an option...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I cannot wait to check this out
Check out my YouTube Channel!

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

pango wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:36 am As an exception, it could sometime help if the quest item was easier to spot (like when you have to bring back some blood that just looks like a stain on the floor), but that would be up to the engine to make quest items stand out, say as a greenish outline, as an option...
However this is implemented as an option (through base DFU or this or another mod), I would always have this on.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Good idea to highlight quest objects, I think this would require some coding work though which is not in my skillset.

I've been improving textures of older models and I've also started creating some regional variants while I'm at it. So some furniture you see in Hammerfell will look different to what you find in High Rock. This was not part of the original game so I'm excited to be able to expand the visual diversity of the game.

I've also fixed the bug where lampposts look weird when they're in front of a 2d flat. They will also have a new flame particle effect.

Made a couple of new models as well.