[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
LukeZurg22

Possible Handpainted-Models Artifacting Bug?

Post by LukeZurg22 »

Hello, my name's Luke and I've recently played Daggerfall-unity, got very hooked but I noticed a small problem with artifacting on some objects, mainly everything added by the Handpainted Mesh mod. I wasn't sure where to report this problem but it has become a bit aggravating and wondered what fix there is for it.

Here are a couple images that show the artifacting, due note it only occurs when close to the model or viewing at certain angles, but nevertheless is aggravating.

My settings are the same settings reccommended from the D.R.E.A.M. mod.

Jay_H

Re: Possible Handpainted-Models Artifacting Bug?

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :) I'll merge this into the relevant 3D models topic.

Midknightprince

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by Midknightprince »

I will keep checking it, thanks Alex
Check out my YouTube Channel!

LukeZurg22

Post by LukeZurg22 »

I've played Daggerfall-unity for a while and I noticed a problem with light artifacting on some objects, mainly everything added by the Handpainted-Mesh-mod. I was told to post my issue here under the mod, hopefully there is a fix.

Here are a couple images that show the artifacting, due note it only occurs when close to the model or viewing at certain angles, but nevertheless is aggravating.

My settings are the same settings reccommended from the D.R.E.A.M. mod. I believe I tried to post this support issue before but not sure if it had submitted.

Floppy N'Wah

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

Hey Luke not a dev, but I've seen similar problem on mine. have you tried playing with the load order something like having the hand painted below DREAM? just a suggetion good luck

LukeZurg22

Post by LukeZurg22 »

Sadly that didn't do anything as handpainted models are the lowest on the load order, but you did give me an idea to increase the load order, which may help. Thank you! :D

(Edit: Didn't seem to have any positive effect sadly)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Quoting myself:
TheLacus wrote: Someone had reported a similar issue but i never received a reply. Maybe your system specs have something in common.
If you experience this issue, please provide your system informations; specifically your graphic card and operating system.

pango

Post by pango »

Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

LukeZurg22

Post by LukeZurg22 »

TheLacus wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:57 pm Quoting myself:
TheLacus wrote: Someone had reported a similar issue but i never received a reply. Maybe your system specs have something in common.
If you experience this issue, please provide your system informations; specifically your graphic card and operating system.
I run a GTX 1070 graphics card with Microsoft 10 as the OS. Its a 64-bit computer with an AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core proccessor running at 3500Mhz.

Its ram is about 32 GB of DDR3 with the Daggerfall files themselves being put into an extra SSD to try and get the best ultimate modded performance. (i do get some stuttering and lag when first entering towns but it goes away, really my main issue here is the artifacting)

AlexanderSig

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83c)

Post by AlexanderSig »

New release: v1.83c
  • Floating fountains fixed
  • City wall shininess greatly reduced.
  • Applied TheLacus’ object positioner script to all candles, goblets and bottles so they are no longer floating in the air. (reported by Uncanny_Valley)
  • Applied TheLacus’ updated wall positioner script to wall torches.
  • Candles have a new particle effect
  • Reduced particle count of torches by ~20% to improve performance.
  • Fixed missing collision box for drawer/sack shelf combination model.
  • Changed collision box for the cage model to attempt to fix issue where it was impossible to hit enemies inside cages (reported by Jaiysaun, untested)
  • Made the breastplate in weapon racks clickable (reported by jayhova)
  • Fixed drawers that were upside down.
  • Fixed clickable area for brown chest loot pile (reported by King of Worms)
Download links are in the first post of this topic.

I am not sure what is causing the weird artifacting bug but it doesn't seem to be related to an update to this mod, seems more likely it's related to the engine or conflicts with other mods.