[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83c)

Post by Midknightprince »

Role-playing realism mod pack, clicking on the beds to rest does not work with the hand painted models, I told hazelnut on that one I'm just letting you know on yours so maybe you guys can hook it up.

It's just clicking on the beds to rest, everything else seems to work great for me I haven't seen any funkiness and it's a lot less laggy.
Love this mod
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I've tracked down the issue with model activation from mods, see the roleplay & realism mod thread for details.

tl;dr: The issue is nothing to do with this mod.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

pango

Post by pango »

There's some issue with city wall models, probably with the corner towers of walls like Daggerfall's;

If I look at the right of any of the towers, from inside the walls, there's some gap:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (216.36 KiB) Viewed 3066 times
There's a similar gap on the on the outside of the wall.
Attachments
SAVE393.zip
(520.45 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

I'm not sure if it's related to this mod or if's a building replacement issue, but Fighter's Guild model returns false in DaggerfallStaticBuildings.HasHit. So when player is in "Info mode", he does not get "The Fighters Guild" message when clicking on the building and the guild isn't marked on map like it should.

pango

Post by pango »

Ferital wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 pm I'm not sure if it's related to this mod or if's a building replacement issue, but Fighter's Guild model returns false in DaggerfallStaticBuildings.HasHit. So when player is in "Info mode", he does not get "The Fighters Guild" message when clicking on the building and the guild isn't marked on map like it should.
Yup, Jayhova reported that a few months ago...
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

It's something to do with how Daggerfall uses textures or something, when they made the walls the corners of the towers mess up, and I don't think there's anything they can do ( it's because the walls look different than default Daggerfall walls and apparently you can't replace the 3D objects just the Sprites or something).

So I don't use the walls, they look pretty butt stuff gets funky.

Something I just noticed, the lanterns in the dungeons are time specific, so if it's daytime and you're in the dungeons the lights go out ( and I'm just talking about the standing in the entrance, the schools seem to work fine).

Did Vanilla do this ?
I don't think even vanilla did this, pretty cool little touch Alexander..

Midknightprince

If you get to a place using tedious travel it seems like, and the lights don't work, do a quick save and a quick load ( F9 and F10)...

It's happened a couple of times and I don't think it's this mod, it sometimes happens to locations to, stuff's not loading up right when you're going places in real time, and no loading in between ( I think about that and I don't mind it at all)...

pango

Post by pango »

Midknightprince wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:34 pm It's something to do with how Daggerfall uses textures or something, when they made the walls the corners of the towers mess up, and I don't think there's anything they can do ( it's because the walls look different than default Daggerfall walls and apparently you can't replace the 3D objects just the Sprites or something)
I'm pretty sure this mod replaces the geometry too, in classic Daggerfall as well as plain Daggerfall Unity you can check that those walls have a much simpler geometry, the internal wall surface for example is perfectly flat.
Wall plain DFU.jpg
Wall plain DFU.jpg (176.19 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin about the geometry, it came up a few years ago I think when they first started it I made a video about it but I don't know if I still got it up there it was a long time ago.

Those walls look cool too and the Fighters Guild I was hoping for the Mages Guild but then that come up, so I just use the king of worms dream, the walls still look pretty good.

I don't know I'm freaking out on the flying boats right now

Alth

Post by Alth »

Just wondering is there anything in particular I would have to do to add these models to my DF project? I'm trying to figure out how you replaced models with your own.