[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83c)

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
User avatar
Jaiysaun
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by Jaiysaun » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Came across a mummy inside a cage that I couldn't seem to hit. He could hit me, though. Counted to 100 swings at different angles to see if my accuracy was just too low, then deactivated the mod and was able to hit it inside the old cage without a problem.
Didn't have an area spell to check if I could hit it with that.

User avatar
mtrredux
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:40 am

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by mtrredux » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:24 pm

Worghern wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:31 pm
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Guaranteed atmosphere Reshade 4.3.0 (5780x1080)
Amazing how did you do this?

User avatar
mtrredux
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:40 am

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by mtrredux » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:39 pm

mtrredux wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:24 pm
Amazing how did you do this?
[/quote]
nvm I found the thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2242

User avatar
mikeprichard
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by mikeprichard » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:10 am

Minor note on the instructions bundled with the install package - the DFU option "Support for graphical mods" should be renamed "Mod System". :)

Also, is the "floating town fountains" bug still an issue, or did I somehow mess up my install/mod load order?

User avatar
King of Worms
Posts: 1999
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Scourg Barrow (CZ)
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by King of Worms » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 am

mikeprichard wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:10 am
Minor note on the instructions bundled with the install package - the DFU option "Support for graphical mods" should be renamed "Mod System". :)

Also, is the "floating town fountains" bug still an issue, or did I somehow mess up my install/mod load order?
some are still floating... maybe its because its actually two different models in vanila, and in dfu its replaced with one single model... so maybe it was corrected for just one of those models, and not the 2nd... no idea

User avatar
mikeprichard
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by mikeprichard » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:29 am

OK, thanks - I guess Alex probably already knows about the issue, but in case, the small fountain is fine; it's the larger five-sided fountain that be flyin' (e.g. in the center of the market square in Burgwall, Daggerfall province).

I think another known issue is the strange reflectivity of stone surfaces, like sunlight reflecting off the outer city walls of Burgwall. But these are nitpicks - this mod will never leave my load order!

User avatar
King of Worms
Posts: 1999
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Scourg Barrow (CZ)
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by King of Worms » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:56 am

mikeprichard wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:29 am
OK, thanks - I guess Alex probably already knows about the issue, but in case, the small fountain is fine; it's the larger five-sided fountain that be flyin' (e.g. in the center of the market square in Burgwall, Daggerfall province).

I think another known issue is the strange reflectivity of stone surfaces, like sunlight reflecting off the outer city walls of Burgwall. But these are nitpicks - this mod will never leave my load order!
yup, I ended up not using the "buildings" part of the mod.. solves it ofc, and it reverts back to dream textures, which are not that bad ;)
when I had screen space reflections enabled, the fighters guild looked like a mirror :D so its a "bit off" lol

User avatar
emmathepony
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by emmathepony » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:53 pm

I've disabled the treasure module because it was causing dungeon lag, plus I prefer 2D sprite loot than 3D anyway... but I've kept the other 2 for now. If anybody else is getting dungeon fps lag try disabling the loot module!

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by Midknightprince » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 pm

emmathepony wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:53 pm
I've disabled the treasure module because it was causing dungeon lag, plus I prefer 2D sprite loot than 3D anyway... but I've kept the other 2 for now. If anybody else is getting dungeon fps lag try disabling the loot module!
Are you doing main quest dungeons or really big ones?
Try Wayrest, or Daggerfall with Handpainted main (and actually go in the dungeon)..
I had to take it out for the main quest because it was going at like 15 fps, if that..
I am not talking about the treasure piles, I'm talking about the main one, it is to laggy in real big dungeonsto for me.
When you find a big one,you'll know, have you exp this ?

It seemed to start doing it when the candles and torches came in..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
AlexanderSig
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83b)

Post by AlexanderSig » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:52 pm

King of Worms wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 am
mikeprichard wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:10 am
Minor note on the instructions bundled with the install package - the DFU option "Support for graphical mods" should be renamed "Mod System". :)

Also, is the "floating town fountains" bug still an issue, or did I somehow mess up my install/mod load order?
some are still floating... maybe its because its actually two different models in vanila, and in dfu its replaced with one single model... so maybe it was corrected for just one of those models, and not the 2nd... no idea
Yeah that might be the issue, will keep trying to fix it. :)

Edit: managed to fix it finally, turns out I was just using the wrong scale/positioning for these models.
Image
Midknightprince wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 pm
emmathepony wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:53 pm
I've disabled the treasure module because it was causing dungeon lag, plus I prefer 2D sprite loot than 3D anyway... but I've kept the other 2 for now. If anybody else is getting dungeon fps lag try disabling the loot module!
Are you doing main quest dungeons or really big ones?
Try Wayrest, or Daggerfall with Handpainted main (and actually go in the dungeon)..
I had to take it out for the main quest because it was going at like 15 fps, if that..
I am not talking about the treasure piles, I'm talking about the main one, it is to laggy in real big dungeonsto for me.
When you find a big one,you'll know, have you exp this ?

It seemed to start doing it when the candles and torches came in..
Okay, I could try to optimize the particle effects of those models.

I write down all the bug reports in this thread on a to-do list, please keep them coming :)

Post Reply