Post Processing Effects Customizer (Legacy)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Interkarma

Re: Post Processing Effects Customizer (v1.3.0 - DU 0.12)

Post by Interkarma »

For ambient occlusion, I'm exposing both methods, but user can only select newer method if they have an SM 4.5 capable card. Otherwise it will just be the older method you're familiar with. You'll have the same AO settings available you had with TheLacus' mod.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 pm TheLacus, if you still want to update your mod, you should find these changes to provide a good template for changes. A GameManager helper has been added to quickly grab the PostProcessVolume gameobject. Then it's fairly simple to plug in a new postprocessing profile or tweak settings at runtime. Just let me know if there's something I can help with. Alternatively, you're welcome to build on the integrated postprocessing UI once I have this ready.
I think it's a good thing to deprecate this mod and expose main effects directly in game if you're ok with that. Thank you for adding the new UI, it looks good. I don't know if you are still working on it, tell me when it's ready to receive PRs.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hi Lacus! Still actively working on it and building out each control page. Will update you here once I'm done with it.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

All done with integrated postprocessing UI in core. This is now available as of 0.13.2. Happy for you to work further on this if there's something you want to add.

I integrated everything from your customizer mod with the exception of SSR and eye adaptation. SSR didn't feel like a good fit for core game without supporting materials, and eye adaptation isn't a layer provided in PPv2. Otherwise, all previous settings and layers are passed through to player and configurable at runtime.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Thank you again. SSR was meant to be used with graphic mods but i understand the reasoning behind the decision to leave it out. Downloads for the last version of this mod that targets 0.12.x are still available for now, but I updated the fist post to redirect people to the new UI going forward.