Post Processing Effects Customizer (Legacy)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [MOD] Post Processing Effects

Post by pango »

TheLacus wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:16 pm [...] There is an issue in asset bundle loading process which typically happens when the engine which built the mod is older or newer than the one which loads it. Nevertheless creation time on file confirms Linux version was made with the others, so I may have mishandled files or something else. I have now repackaged everything and tested on latest game build for Windows and Linux and it works fine for me. Download is on first page, let me know if you find issues :)
0.3.1a loads and seems to work fine, thanks!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

A stable version is available on the first post with a screenshot comparison. Now all the effects from the Unity Post Processing Stack are exposed with this mod; like the previous version, you can choose a preset (Low-Medium-High) or toggle individual effects.
Let me know if you find any issue :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

When opening the v1.0.0 zip, I got the following error:

"Windows cannot open the folder. The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid."
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

pango

Post by pango »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 am "Windows cannot open the folder. The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid."
Looks like it's actually a 7zip archive, not pkzip one; It would be better to stick to the .7z extension instead of .zip to avoid confusion.

Other than that it seems to work smoothly on Linux; I need to test it more, which I'll do, because that mod is a must for me.
Thank you very much for this update TheLacus :)
-- Charles Goodhart

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

pango wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:34 am
Narf the Mouse wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 am "Windows cannot open the folder. The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid."
Looks like it's actually a 7zip archive, not pkzip one; It would be better to stick to the .7z extension instead of .zip to avoid confusion.

Other than that it seems to work smoothly on Linux; I need to test it more, which I'll do, because that mod is a must for me.
Thank you very much for this update TheLacus :)
Thanks, that works.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I've been spoiled by Gimp format auto-match and assumed 7z UI did the same for some reason...

I moved from 7z to zip because I have been told the first can't be opened on Mac. Unless this issue is resolved, I'll upload a real zip archive when I get home.
EDIT uploaded zip file.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

TheLacus wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:51 pm
I've been spoiled by Gimp format auto-match and assumed 7z UI did the same for some reason...

I moved from 7z to zip because I have been told the first can't be opened on Mac. Unless this issue is resolved, I'll upload a real zip archive when I get home.
EDIT uploaded zip file.
Thanks. :)

Yeah, 7zip is powerful, but IIRC the interface basically hasn't changed since I first used it, back in the Windows XP days.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Interkarma, i started investigating the fog component of the Post Processing Stack, which is suggested over the old Standard Assets effect for newer versions of Unity.
These are some comparisons. Do you wish me to go ahead with this?

pango

Post by pango »

First, I must mention it's the first time I see TAA in action.
I must say the results with TAA are really smooth; Some may object the slight movement blur it adds, but I think it's sutble and works nicely with either plain Daggerfall or Texture Pack 3.0 assets.
The only artifacts it adds, from what I've seen, is some kind of blurrying aura around moving npcs, like hot air, inside their texture rectangle. It don't happen with other billboards, like trees, maybe that's movement that triggers this effect?
Last edited by pango on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

TheLacus wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:08 pm Interkarma, i started investigating the fog component of the Post Processing Stack, which is suggested over the old Standard Assets effect for newer versions of Unity.
These are some comparisons. Do you wish me to go ahead with this?
Go for it mate. :)